Is it a big deal if a guy tells his parents you're dating?

I'm seeing a guy right now whom I'm only dating casually and we're not a couple and we haven't expressed feelings for each other yet, but we're both a bit lovey dovey towards each other sometimes. I recently found out he has told his family he is seeing me, showed a picture of me and I also overheard him mentioning my name when he was on his phone with his mother.
Is this a good sign? Can I "assure myself" that he is serious about me? :-)

Most Helpful Guy

• Those are all good signs. When he is bragging about you to his family, he is serious.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on his family dynamics. Every family is different. In my family we don't talk about dating someone or bring up names unless it is getting serious. But I have a friend who it is no big deal and they will name drop even if they slept with them once or met them the night before.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes he is serious about u

What Girls Said 1

• I would say yes bc he is willing to tell his family about u if he was gonna dump u a month later then I don't think he would to his parents about u if u haven't expressed any feelings toward each other then I think y'all are on a slow road so y'all aren't serious but y'all might get serious later