Is not being on birth control pills a deal breaker?

Will guys not want to be with me if I can't take birth control? I brought it up at my last gyno visit and he said he won't put me on it. Due to my family medical history he thinks it's too dangerous. So that mean's we'd always have to use protection and I heard guys don't like that. Would that be a dealbreaker for you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not at all, there are plenty of other ways to prevent pregnancy and some girls can't take the pill for whatever reason.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some guys are stupid enough to risk not using protection despite you not being on birth control if you let them talk you into it.

I'm sure you'll find a guy who won't mind, being that you're medically incapable of being put on it. And any guy who dumps you for it, well, his loss for not being an understanding human being.

What Guys Said 5

• I wouldn't mind it, but I'd probably talk to her about about it. The more protection the better.

• But if she couldn't for medical reasons, would that be an exception?

• That's pretty reasonable, I'm sure I'd be ok with it.

• I don't know about that man. Last thing I want is another kid.

• Thank you for your honesty!

• Using protection all the time would suck but currently I'm in a sex less relationship so it'd be better

• If I knew about your medical condition and I cared about you I would not want you to to do anything that could harm you for a few moments of extra pleasure for my self

• Some women might find this offensive, but I think all women should be handled as if though they aren't on birth control. I have even had several women in my family trick men like that so it is a big concern I have.

I would respect her honesty for telling me, since I know there is no chance that she is trying to trick me. The fact she uses condoms is actually a big plus for me, because she is less likely to catch something than the women that think birth control is all the protection they will ever need.

It is nice to have an extra layer of protection in the form of the pill, but most women that I have known that are on the pill, have a problem with guys wearing condoms. It is like they feel insulted that they guy doesn't trust them if he uses protection. I have talked to other guys that have had the same issue with women not wanting the guy to use condoms. I would rather trust a condom I put on myself than her being on the pill alone.

What Girls Said 5

• It shouldn't be a deal breaker, he still gets to have sex and orgasm.

• I think it might be for some guys. When it comes to sex I don't think that girls should be the only ones "protecting" themselves. A lot of the guys I know tell me they don't wear condoms or don't like them...
    Tough luck, If you have sex both should be protected.
    If you don't want to be a parent, protect yourself from it happening.

• I got the bar in the arm. Gyys think you miggt try to trap them if you are on the pill as you have control

• Who cares If guys don't like that. Worry about your safety! Guys will just want to hit an not care about your health.

• Lol people these days couldn't give less of a shit