If a guy flirts in person, but acts uninterested online, what's going on?

if he flirts and acts like he's really interested in person and I see him looking at me, notices whenever I'm gone, etc .but if I IM him he acts uninterested/ not talkative. what's going on?

• He's really not interested
  • He's probably interested
in person he makes eye contact a lot and if I'm not in class next time I see him hell ask why, and he I guess you could say pays a lot of attention to me but I don't feel like that's enough to figure things out because I'm not a guy and I can't tell

Most Helpful Girl

• i had the same exact problem so I just cut the games and asked him to lunch, he said he was stressed busy with work blah blah and brushed it off and still said he would try to make time...

bullsh*t. never called or anything I cut off all contact and never looked at him again. and am so glad. if a guy is not pursuing you, you're not his priority and you shouldnt give him one second of your time...or even give him some kind of satisfaction by flirting back, pretend he doesn't exist but don't be mean about it just polite and carry on with your own priorities. Be happy, be beautiful, and enjoy life...its probably the best revenge ever =)

• Why would it always be the guy pursuing the girl? What kind of selfish behavior is that.. to think you're entitled for guys to always come on to you first?

• Now, you can't get mad at a guy for not being interested. Besides, sometimes it might be in your best interest to pursue a guy that's not interested. Personally, I tend to lay back and let the girls do the chasing, which might be selfish, but that's just what works for me. All the girls I've dated pursued me for a little while before I showed any interest, and they turned into great relationships. The traditional "Boy chases girl" thing just doesn't work for everyone.

• Moron #2. =]

What Guys Said 4

• Some people just aren't as expressive over the internet. It could be he's just bad with MSN dynamics and what not, there are a lot of people like that.

My girlfriend and I are very much in love and when she was just crushing on me, she would do the same. She sounded uninterested over MSN and text messages, which discouraged me at first. Trust me though, how he acts in person is much more determinant of how he feels about you.

:)

• In person is definitely more reliable that online, I mean always trust the in person body language and sorts!

• I didn't vote for either one, because its hard to be flirty online. Tone of voice, body language, all that stuff goes out the window and all you have is text. Keep talking to him in person

• Yeah that's what I don't like about it either thanks

• vanitylsbliss is right

because I was bad at the "msn dynamics" at first because I wasn't sure if she liked me

• Yeah I I'med him yesterday and he responded pretty grouchy, and that was it

he might have been with a friend I don't know, but it's hard to tell

What Girls Said 8

• i think if he doesn't back up his interest by pay attentin to you online, which singles you out more as an idividual, he probably isn't that into you. he may be using you to make someone else jealous, sees you as a friend and is just having fun, or generally flirty.

hope you get it sorted out.

• he might be busy. why not go on a date or set up one? getting to know in person is better than IM.

• I have a few guy friends that would talk your ear off in person but wouldn't say a word to ya on msn, or wherever.

In my opinion I think I would be more worried if he wasn't willing to talk to you in person but only talked to you on the computer.

And honestly no one but him knows why he doesn't say anything to you. if you are really worried, you should ask him.

• he's probably not. he's obviously more interested in talking to other people on the thing. I disagree with VanityIsBliss. Most people, if they are interested, they will talk because they want to talk.

Besides, a lot of people are super flirty in person. I knew such a guy once. They are super interested or so it seems. But they just enjoy doing it. They don't actually want a date or anything like that.

• if he only really speaks/flirts in one scenario then he's probably not that into you...this has been my experience. if he's interested he'll talk to you whenever he gets the chance.

• If he totally ignores you online, chances are he's just being flirty with you in person to get in your pants. If a guy is genuinely interested in you, he'll make the effort to get to know you. I know this though experience and common sense.

• Gurl if he was interseted he wuld hav been msgin you like he wanted to... Unless he has summ to hide?

• in person > online