Guys: Your opinion on Bumble and why some of you stop responding to girls?

I just moved to a new city and decided to try Bumble (never used dating apps before). There were a few guys I liked so I swiped right on and ended up matching. I wrote to all of them, but the thing is only TWO actually wrote me back the entire time I've used the app. From what people tell me I'm attractive, I'm not conceited it's just the feedback i've gotten in the past and I try and write in a friendly way and try some humor if I can, so I really hope it's not me!

Guys, what is your experience from Bumble. Do you ever end up stop responding to girls and if so, why? There was one in particular I really liked, the way he wrote made him seem like a really cool guy and I wanted to try and actually set something up in person. From your point of view, would you be weirded out if a girl writes back after no response after a few days and asks the GUY out or gives her number, or would you most likely enjoy that? The last thing he wrote was that he was on his way to see Kevin Hart with a friend and was asking me what brought me to my current city now. I responded and asked him what brought him here as well from his hometown and then nothing for a couple days. Then again, it's still the weekend. What do you think?

1mo Hi guys! Thank you all for the input! We had a conversation going back and forth for a little bit and he always responded right away and asked questions back but then all of a sudden stopped on the last question I asked him two days ago. Granted it was Friday night and it's still the weekend, but I'm just wondering if you guys ever just randomly stop talking to a girl, and if I were to write back again with my phone number after him not responding to me would that look desperate? Thanks again!

Most Helpful Guy

• I haven't bothered with it. I don't have pics that make me look ready for a magazine cover photo shoot, so Tinder, POF, all that shit is pointless. Bumble would be even worse, if it's the thing I'm thinking of where only women can send the first message.

IF I were to do any of these apps, sites, whatever, I'd stop responding if she said something that irritated me or showed me that she was really damn dumb, or if she used any feminazi buzzwords.

It wouldn't weird me out if a girl asked me out, gave her number, whatever, after a weekend with no contact. Even if I had already disqualified her for some reason, I wouldn't be weirded out, I'd just continue not talking to her.

Most Helpful Girl

• No matter what Dating Site, it is the Internet, and both Girls and Guys can have their Pick... Behind the Computer Curtain.
    In the Comfort of your own Living Room, you Can get to know Someone or Else be Able to Move on and Never Speak another Word.
    Change of Heart and in Head, this is the Way it Goes and Flows with Online Dating.
    Good luck. xx

*Sticking to my same answer, Just a dating site that Is no different than any other with Chance with Romance.
      He is Hot and Cold, lissen to this Master. He is good today and tomorrow he is something else. Cold Duck feet that is a pattern problem, you will find out.
      Welcome. xx

• 17d

Thank you for the Vote of Confidence. xx

What Guys Said 18

• I've never used Bumble, but your question is really about dating in general. At your age, you have a huge number of options and the guys are just casting a wide net. If you've gone to clubs, you've seen the same behavior. A guy will talk to a girl as if he's really interested and a few minutes later, you'll see him hitting on another girl as if he's the only thing he's thinking about. This is just all part of the mating rituals of young humans so well... you should get used to it.

But about asking a guy out, no that's not weird at all. In fact, one of the most attractive things a woman can do is show interest in a guy. The woman is immediately elevated in terms of attractiveness if she does that. So yeah, don't be afraid to take a little initiative and ask the guy out but of course, if the guy declines, move on. He obviously has gone for other options and you should undoubtedly do the same.

• I have never used this service so I googled it and read reviews by customers. From the amount of upset users for several reasons I would never use it.

• I'll be honest, I've never tried Bumble. But guys are fickle things. Keep trying. It'll happen. It may take a bit. But it will happen. :)

• Well most guys are not used to girls hitting on them, so to them maybe it seems that you went too hard on them maybe? You just need to use the same technique we use if you want to start conversations. Only one message per one message that he sends and that is only as a start, he needs to put some effort too and ask some questions too. If he doens't, then he is not that interested.

• Bumble is stupid because of the 80/20 rule, which states that 80% girls only chase of 20% of guys, so a guy that's in the 20% has plenty of options, and since he is a guy he will only choose the most promiscuous girls.

• I had the opposite experience. I'd match with women who would never message me. I uninstalled it after a month of having it.

I'm personally not keen on jumping right into texting, I'd rather message on the app/site for a while first.

I think yes it would. Wait until he responds. You don't generally give a guy your number after he stops taking to you, right?

How long would be a safe amount of time to wait before writing anything? Should I just see if he replies after the weekend's over? Or is it okay to write something in general if it's not my phone number?

You could just send him a message asking how his weekend was. I suppose it's possible he just got super busy...

• if joined and responded but thats about as far as it goes. i think its better for the people who say yes and no (i. e. women ) to make initial contact. if you are a guy like me , its a bit wearing for me to read come on guys just write to me after close to 5000 rejections and no success online. very much like the app.

• Dating apps are terrible. If you get on a dating app, (1) only talk to men who really talk to you like a person, (2) talk on the phone before the date, (3) find a boyfriend and get off the app. Don't get stuck on a dating app playing the field with half a dozen guys.

And it's cool to offer your number. Move away from the App to phone is a good idea. BUT check to see if he's still using the app once you start dating.

• Downloaded it last month. Got one or two matches but they never hit me up. I prefer the ones where I can message them.

Regarding the update, I randomly stop talking to someone if I find someone else who's really interested or if the girl I'm talking to is really boring and I feel that I'm trying too hard to keep a conversation with them.

• if the topic doesn't change it can get hard to keep the conversation going as you eventually run out of things to say

id wright back to a first message though but sometimes it may be inappropriately late if something happens to disrupt me like a deadline then i can't respond to every message though id want to.

Also it might be good to move it to Skype or google hangouts after 2 or 3 back or fourths i find just text much harder to keep going.

• What is Bumble?

• Being a guy, I would be super flattered that a girl messaged me first,

In Bumble the girls are required to message you first when you match. You cannot message them first so they're pretty much forced to.

• What's bumble?

• Maybe a hotter girl messaged him. Welcome to competition. Looking desperate or not you don't have much of a choice if you want him. Just message him again. Since you're playing the male role don't give up until it's over.

• Dating sites have a habit of being like that. But I have often found women have more success on replies then men, so perhaps it is just because you are unattractive.

• Do girls have to be the one to arrange a first meeting? Or can it be guys too?

How come you updated your question, but didn't answer me?

Sorry! I didn't mean to skip over you. Yes, Bumble is almost the same as Tinder but the girl has to initiate the conversation first when there is a match. It gives 24 hours for us to initiate and then the guy 24 hours after we write something to reply. After we both write once to each other there are no time limits. It's supposed to be so that people actually do something about their matches instead of letting them sit there in limbo.

• Thats pretty much how it is for guys. On Tinder I can match with 30 girls, message 15 of them, and have maybe 3 or 4 respond to me.

• Never got nay responses personally, and few matches.

Maybe he's not interested or he's just busy or forgot or just taking his time. Could be anything. And no guys aren't weirded out by any of the things you've listed. I'd be more weirded out by the fact that you're weirded out about doing them. Just do it.

What Girls Said 0