How to accept and deal with being unlovable?

Guys never want to commit to me or a serious relationship. I have introspected a lot, changed myself and my approach. Held my own in keeping my standards and self respect, compromised where I needed to etc. I behaved according to how a girl would if she is looking or waiting for something serious. Yet, i have never had a guy want something serious with me. It makes me upset, i try to distract myself but i ultimately end up feeling down that all my friends have found love and I still continue with the same things as usual. I gave up and that part is fine. What hurts is the realisation that im unlovable and unworthy. I'm very pretty, educated, funny and warm hearted... but men never want me. So when people tell me im special or amazing, i dont believe it because why would a guy let someone that great pass... they simply wouldn't. Any tips on how to cope?

What Guys Said 5

• "very pretty, educated, funny and warm hearted... people tell me I'm special or amazing" This is a great group of qualities. So you must be doing something to give off negative signals or you may be looking in the wrong places. Talk heart to heart with a best friend or see a counselor or life coach.
    What exactly is happening when you get close with guys?

• 13d

I don't know, they chase and pursue.. i warm up slowly and things are like any relationship in the making and then they never go there. My ex used to say he loves me every day, sent flowers, took care of me. When i asked what we were he said he doesn't want a relationship. Most of my guy friends think I'm perfect and some have liked me I guess (but they wouldn't know how i am in a relationship). What could some examples of negative signals be?

• Fuck those fuckboys. You deserve love, you deserve to be some ones special. If they don't, then I love you.

• You have to love yourself before anyone else can truly love you. And when you love yourself you don't even need anyone to love you, but people will ^^

• You're not unlovable, men are often afraid of good looking educated women.

• YouTube "Alison Armstrong" she could probably help you out

What Girls Said 1

• you certainly dont sound unlovable, you just haven't found the right guy yet, it happens and sometimes it takes time