Just a question that seems to come up often. So, suppose you meet this amazing person. Said person was in a relationship sometime before you that produced a child, and for whatever reason, said person broke it off with their ex*. Now s/he is alone raising this child.
Would you still want to date him/her, or would you consider this person to be "damaged goods"? If you did decide to date, when would be the appropriate time to meet the kid(s)? Would you have any insecurities going in?
*The situation could be:
1) Said person's ex cheated on them, and they left rather than stay in a compromised relationship.
2) Said person was actually the "other person" in an affair, and their "ex" left them for their original partner.
3) Said person's ex was abusive, and they left to escape the relationship.
4) Said person and their ex separated for other, less "dramatic" reasons, more or less peacefully.
Would it be a factor if the ex was involved in custody of their child? Would you date if they had no contact with their ex?
Just wondering if single parents can still be "on the market".
- Yes.17% (21)41% (33)26% (54)Vote
- No.31% (39)23% (19)28% (58)Vote
- Not necessarily.52% (67)36% (29)46% (96)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
I would very much like to date a single mother ^^ Infact I fancied one for a good long time. And now I'm living next door to her, LOL. And she's got a radiant little girl ^^ Its wonderful, really. But uh, she wouldn't be interested. But its the sentiment, right?
- Show AllShow Less