My boyfriend doesn't initiate or ask me to hang out. Should I be worried?

The last time I saw him, which was 5 days ago I stayed over at his place for a week because I had an elbow injury and couldn't drive home, esp because I was taking vicodin. After not seeing him for 2 days I texted him if I could come over to chill and hang out and he texted me back saying "i just wanna have a relaxed night tonight drinking whiskey, if you don't mind hun". So I didn't think anything of it since I knew we saw each other few days before, but now it's been 5 days since I haven't seen him. he hasn't suggested hanging out at all since the last time I saw him. He calls me in the morning to say "goodmorning" and texts me throughout the day and sends me "goodnight" texts but nothing about "i miss you;wanna see you" words unless I bring them up. Tomorrow we are watching a show so I know that we will be hanging out but I'm just wondering is it normal for my boyfriend to not want to hang out with me all week since last week I stayed over all week? He didn't seem like he was bothered at all because he had work all day and came home at night. Even one of the nights he went out to hang out with his buddy and I didn't stop him from doing that.

I guess I'm just confused on how I should be feeling. I'm not mad but just feel a little weird. Why wouldn't he want to hangout with me, or even suggest that we hang out? I know he's not cheating on me and I know it's not that he's bored of me because he texts me and calls me everyday. Is this his way of saying "I can't be around you all the time?" and "i need some space?"

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• It's really hard to say whether or not you should be worried. The truth of the matter is that it DOES bother you. There could be a lot of reasons for his actions, and its easy to have misunderstandings between the two of you. You should talk to him about how you feel, and ask him directly. Don't accuse him or anything because then he will feel attacked and be defensive. But if you talk to him about how you feel, and if he truly still cares about you, and wants to make you happy, he will either make a bigger effort to physically express his feelings, and/or he will give you reasons for his "detached-ness". Either way, the biggest thing is to maintain communication, so you don't stress yourself out and blow a situation up into something much bigger than it really is.

Good luck! (: