What are the pros and cons of dating a Christian guy?

And what about if you yourself have a different faith? He also seems moderately to fairly religious. Any experiences are also appreciated..thanks

who knew that asking for advice would turn into such a f***in nightmare

Most Helpful Guy

• 1 Cor.11:3 "But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." link

1 Cor.14:34-36 "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church." link

Eph.5:22-24 "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing." link

Col.3:18 "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord." link

1 Tim.2:11-15 "Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing. link

1 Pet.3:1 "Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands." link

• Yeah I totally read through that and there were a LOT of sentences saying non-Christians should be killed. Wow how wrong was I. Sigh.

• Ya know - I wonder if these were due to the times these documentations were written in? Like, women had barely any privlidges back then - the bible speaks majorly on morality - maybe that's why it was written that way?

Idk - I don't take the bible word for word. I'm just in it for God, not anything humans have put their hands on.

• How many has God killed in the Bible? link

What Guys Said 4

• I hope you're a virgin, because you might get stoned:

Deuteronomy 22:13-21: link - "If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her, And give occasions of speech against her, and bring up an evil name upon her, and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid: Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate…. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city. And the elders of that city shall take that man and chastise him; and they shall amerse him in an hundred shekels of silver, and give them unto the father of the damsel, because he has brought up an evil name upon a virgin of Israel; and she shall be his wife; he may not put her away all his days. But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she has wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house…."

link

• Okay, sorry but they don't do that anymore. You're totally far off reach here.

• Let's hope you're never raped either: Deuteronomy 22:23-24 link

23“ If there is a girl who is a virgin engaged to a man, and another man finds her in the city and lies with her,

24 then you shall bring them both out to the gate of that city and you shall stone them to death; the girl, because she did not cry out in the city, and the man, because he has violated his neighbor’s wife. Thus you shall purge the evil from among you.

• "Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God." (2 Peter 1:20-21)

• I have one friend who is pretty religious but a lot of the things he does wouldn't be considered christian. He still requires his girlfriends to be christian and attend church on a regular basis. I did belong to a evangelical young adult group for a while. Most of the guys there were very nice and would never cheat on there girlfriends. However they would never date a non christian.

• Depends on the church. Assuming they at Christian, the bad ones are very dogmatic, boring, and want you to be their inferior in the relationship. Those guys tend to read the "wives submit to your husbands" part of the Bible and they forget the next few verses exist, which states that men should be the God/Jesus to the woman's church.

Many pastors will glaze over their obligation in that relationship out of convenience because the wives submit part is good for them. However, good Christian men will bear in mind that God sent His son to die for the church, lived among the lowest of the low, and spend His whole life caring for those in need. Find a Christian man that understands that relationship, and let the rest keep their virginity until age 30.

• because of the honour killings involved in Christianity, dating a Christian would be highly dangerous.

"And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death. (Exodus 21:17)"

"For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him. (Leviticus 20:9)"

There are also many examples that happen all over the world including in the US and London as well as the Asian Christians.

Jesus recommends that to avoid sin we cut off our hands and pluck out our eyes. This advice is given immediately after he says that anyone who looks with lust at any women commits adultery. 5:29-30

I would rather not give you more quotes to scare you off but I suggest you run while you can because you might be in danger. Keep in mind that the liberal media does not cover all of the Christian killings although there are a lot of cases out there

• Keep in mind that there are many verrses in the bible that clearly tells them to kill non believers so if he is somewhat religious like you said, you should never be alone with him because he might take your life.

• @XRabbitHeartX,

Pay attention to Psalms 137:9 : link

9 How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones

Against the rock.

• I would also like to point out that these honour killings happen daily in the US and in Europe its just that they fall under the category of domestic abuse because that's how the media works.

What Girls Said 1

• The same pro's and con's of dating anyone else.

Unless he's really extreme in his beliefs, jesus obsessed and forces you to pray with him all the time - there's not much of a difference.

Religion doesn't extremely define someone; it's an aspect, just like what types of food they like, what politics they favor, etc...