Can one bad kiss ruin a relationship?

My boyfriend kissed me for the first time a few nights ago, it was my first kiss and I'm really worried that I was horrible. so can one bad kiss ruin a great relationship? I've heard from guys that one bad kiss is a deal breaker. Opinions?

Thank you everyone for your answers (except for the shallow anon guy) I feel so much better about everything now.

Most Helpful Girl

• Naw. The first kiss with someone [especially if it's your first kiss in GENERAL] is usually kind of awkward. Kissing involves some degree of chemistry and everyone has their own style. So if you get together with someone whose kissing style is different from yours, one may interpret the other as being a bad kisser. When really, you just haven't adapted to each others' styles yet. It's a learned thing. So quit worrying, and keep practicing. =] You'll 'sync up' eventually. A kiss is only bad when one person refuses to make an effort at adapting to the other person's style, which is something both people should do.

What Guys Said 6

• Apart from the anon guy below, I've never heard guys say this, only girls. So he might be panicking, but you should relax.

• Ahh that 1st kiss. You two should take that experience and make it a funny, happy, and pleasant memory

• It is a very pleasant memory, kissing is just different than I thought it would be.

• I guess that I am of the opinion that, if a kiss could ruin a relationship, then there probably wasn't much future in that relationship anyway...(:

• If it does, he wasn't worth it. It's pretty shallow to think that.

• Who believes in this stupid sh*t?

• I don't know, I was just curious, this is my first relationship and it was my first kiss. (yes I'm 21 and it was my first kiss, no laughing)

• I'm learning that, kissing is really different than I thought it would be too.

• I guess so.

• For me kissing is very important . If a girl does not kiss me well , I don't think I can get along with her well .

What Girls Said 3

• Personally, the only way a first kiss could affect the way I feel about a man is if it is too aggresive. For example, on several blind dates that I went on in the past, I enjoyed myself more than words can convey. At the end of the date, the man stepped toward me, backing me either into a wall or a vehicle. Then he thrust his tongue down my throat as though he was trying to extract my last meal from my throat. I was not in a position to fight them off because I didn't have a good jab to the groin (no way to do so) and I was much smaller and less strong. Therefore I just eased my way out of the situation and cut off all communication. Other than scenarios such as that, a first kiss should not sway someone one way or the other. If it does sway their opinion of you in any way, they are indeed shallow and what they were searching for was not emotion or a relationship. It was purely physical on their end and you shouldn't waste your time with them.

• If he is not a shallow guy, than "no" it won't ruin anything.

• Aha, if I based my relationship on my first (or second and maybe third and fourth..aha) kiss with my boyfriend, well, it would be really lame. :P But you know what? I'm still with the boy two years later (and yes we got the kissing thing down lol) and we are very happy. The thing is, it's going to take a little bit to figure out how to kiss the particular person the right way, regardless if you are kissing your first or tenth boyfriend. Everyone likes different things. So, just because it's your first just means you have a little bit more learning to do.

So no, don't worry! Just make it an excuse to kiss him that you need to get better. ;D