Why do black men hate to see white men date black women?

I'm a black female and I'm dating a white man. there has been nothing but drama and sh*t starting for no reason just because we are an interracial relationship. they have tried to get my number in front of him, and yesterday some random black guy seen us together and gave my boyfriend the finger. they are relentless. why do they hate to see black women date white men?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really know, but I've read a bit about what is _said_ in discussion forums about it ...

My impression is that some black men seeing a black woman with a white man think she has decided to forego _all_ black men. Like she's given up on them and thinks they're not good enough. When I see a white girl with a black guy, I don't assume she's decided all white guys are worthless bums and she won't date them.

I'm not saying this is reasonable or even true, but that's what seemed to be coming up on forums where I was reading about arguments around this.

I'd guess maybe its just less common so they haven't had to deal with it as much. White guys have had to get over it.

Asian guys are the ones who should be really pissed. Apparently they are the group most likely to be single in America. More Asian women are cohabitation with white guys then Asian ones, but Asian male - non Asian female relationships are rare.

What Guys Said 13

• Quite honestly, I could care less if a White man is dating a Black woman. It's not an issue with me. I have my own life to focus on. Unfortunately you will always encounter some Black men who will be disrespectful in conveying their feelings. I do understand your frustration but I get it on the flip side. The woman I am with is Asian and whenever we go out, we sometimes get the pointing, the staring the snide comments like "here's another one of those sellout brothas." More often than not we will always encounter some Black woman who doesn't mind displaying her disapproval of the person I'm with.

• I personally don't care. What I do care is the reason behind dating someone from a different race or dating someone because they are from or are not from a certain race

• Perhaps it has to do with the general sentiment that black men are more confident and "manly" than white men, so it's like a shot to their pride to see a "white boy" getting in on a black woman? It's just a guess but I have legitimately met black people that are somehow used to this idea that they feel superior, and get quite upset when that is proven to be not true.

That's where my guess comes from.

• What it boils down to is not so much racism as it is sexism. Men like to think that women of their own race will stick to other men of their race and continue the species and help preserve their culture. They consider women of the same race part of their property, and feel entitled to one, regardless of whether or not they choose to date a girl of another race. To see a man of a different race in a relationship with part of their property is seen as an act of conquest. Since its the woman being "conquered" in their eyes and not the man, they don't object so much when a guy of their own race dates a girl of another race.

Another reason is they think that a woman who dates men of another race is doing it for a reason. The big one is they assume she's dating within anther race because she sees them as superior in some way, and this can mess with the racist's ego.

• Insecurities and its a belief in entitlement of them just because they are the same race. This doesn't just apply to black guys but a lot of guys in general seem to get insecure when they see a girl from "their" race dating out

• I guess it's the same as when you see ignorant white dudes get pissed when white women date black men. Ignore the a**holes.. there is nothing wrong with two people dating each other.

• What primitive little burg do you dwell in? Wherever it is, get out!

• Me, I don't see nothing wrong with a white guy/black girl or white girl/black guy dating each other.

• Racists come from all races unfortunately! Maybe one day we can all realize that we are all people and our race or color is just a variation with little meaning.

• Well stated. I believe race is an illusion. I'm black, I've dated really nice black guys. I've briefly dated not so nice black guys. I've only dated 2 white guys, one was a caught up in the illusion and expected stereotypes from me, I guess I wasn't black enough. Whatever! My current relationship of almost 2 years is the bestest. Yes! He's the cats pajamas.

• Most don't.

• There territorial like Dogs. And black women are there "property".

• sorry if that sounded Racist. I have friends are black and there great guys. Its just some can be so mean and in your face about everything.

• I understand, it's almost a hostile nature some can have. By historical account, the men of my race feel like black women ought to know better because of the past. I believe that some and I stress the word "some" feel like white men have everything. How dare they come and take what's ours and there's nothing really I can do about it. That's the anger. It's not right but I know why. I am not a prisoner of the past. We are on this planet to live and learn...

• I don't know but its so common for black dudes to kick black girls white boyfriend asses that I won't even date a black girl because of it. Terrorism.

• yeh that sucks when that happens :/

• Whoa, they must not have encountered the right couple. I'm a black female and my special someone (Suga Booga) boyfriend is Caucasian. We would have tagged teamed that ass. They would have thought twice about attacking the next interracial couple. I will not date anyone who feels threatened by any other man. My man can hold his own, and I got his back 😉

• i'm a black guy and I couldn't care less

What Girls Said 12

• i have family members who dislike it to varying degrees. most of them do it because they mistrust whites in general and see a black woman dating a white man as selling out and just think its disgraceful.

• i don't know, its so stupid. like me and my friend where walking down the street [he's white] and this guy like checked me out and was like "hey, you're the man" to my friend, so I guess he apporoved lol but I've experience the opposite happen too where I'll be with a white guy friend and there will be dirty looks coming from black guys or they'll question why I'm hanging out with him, or they'll start to personally attack me. its ridiculous and I'm so over it lol

• it seems to generally be from the guys side strangely. I guess girls are more accepting when they see a guy of their race dating out

• Yeah, I've never had girls like give me a problem or dirty looks or anything.. and all of the girls I know are open to dating outside of there races. I don't know why its such a big deal to some guys hahah

• insecurities and immaturity imo, I think for a brief period of time I was like that before I matured now I think its a good thing. If I had a problem with it id be hypocritical

• I've never gotten any dirty looks but I have seen Caucasian women stare at my boyfriend and I when we're out and about. Once this old (white) lady in a Walmart asked us how we met. I told her. It my man was furious. Oh' he called her every name in the book. I guess I wasn't really thinking about it at the time but, it was none of her business. It was odd that she asked that question not knowing either of us. Maybe she knew I got one of the good ones lol haha, sorry you won't be hooking him up with your grand daughter 😜

By the way "Good Ones" come in all colors, remember that!!!

• Same reason white men hate to see white women date black men

The most I've personally encountered is a little teasing from black guy friends but nothing serious

White men feel threatened by black men and black men feel threatened by white men. They have this sense of entitlement which is pretty funny considering one person of the same race isn't "theirs."

• Ignorance is universal.

• Same reason so many black women hate seeing white women and black men together

• They don't just unapproaval

• I don't think they do

• Just please walk away and ignore them, they have their own issues. You did nothing wrong but realize you had options when it came to dating.

• Just plain ignorance. Don't let those people get to you.

• some do it because black females have done it to them when they have dated White females.. So I've heard.

• My brother isn't like that