What Does It Mean When A Guy Calls You A "Kid"?

This guy I really, really like, called me a kid today. It was pretty disappointing and it really depressed my mood knowing he felt that way about me.

Don't get me wrong, I pretty much already know that it means I'm royally f*cked and that nothing will happen now.

But, is there anyway to maybe redeem myself? Any chance at all? I goof around at work a lot- although I do my job professionally and I do it right- so I can see how he might have gotten that impression, but he's never seen some sides of me.

I do know how to step up to the plate and be an adult when it comes down to it.

It's just I try to have fun at work because lately it's been all work and no play, I have two jobs, and I was trying to have some fun while I can and not be so serious all the time.

And it's more than just liking him. I really look up to him and respect him too, so if that's the way he sees me I'll understand. More than anything I want him to be happy and I want to be friends if we can't be more.

But I just have to ask, is there any chance at all?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on how he said it tbh. If it was him directly saying 'you're a kid' then yes he thinks you're not mature enough yet. But if he just called you 'kid' in passing sentence then it's a term of endearment, maybe meaning he feels protective over you. I'm not sure if he could look at you how you look at him because it seems your differing maturity levels are blocking him from really considering you in that way. But maybe you could try and show him another side of you, ie a more serious one. How I'm not exactly sure... maybe take control at work, show you're serious about your future/ studies by researching careers etc, maybe volunteer work or something, which many young people don't do because it takes a certain level of maturity to be able to give up hanging with friends to help others, without any personal gain. But make sure you don't change yourself... Nobody likes people who are so easy to change everything they're about just ot please others. Also, take an interest in HIM. Show him you know him well (assuming you do), ie show him you two are made for each other. Take interest in the things important in his life, ie school/uni. Maybe ask his advice on unis? (shows you can have a serious conversation are planning ahead and value his opinion) People are multi-dimensional. He's only seen one side of you- the fun loving side, which is very important in gaining his interest but he needs to see the others.

• PS- Good luck!

• Thank you so much. And I have to admit, on top of that, I had a lot of things on my mind last night and I wasn't exactly as nice as I should be. He seemed pretty ticked off at me by the time I left work. So I am apologizing to him today for my behavior. I wasn't really intentionally mean to him, but he seemed to get offended anyway because I wasn't happy and smiling as usual. I was up half the night feeling guilty about my attitude. So I get to swallow my pride and admit to him that I was wrong.

What Guys Said 1

• Sure, Dress the way a older person would, more elegantly, in a way that emphasizes your breasts to him also act more mature around him. In saying that, if your still young,you should act young instead of trying to be something your not.

What Girls Said 2

• i call people kid all the time, even guys I like.. it's like cute, like a term of endearment or wtv

• Well if he had just said, "kid" I would have understood. But he said "you are a kid". I couldn't think of any other response than, "I know." Then I cracked a joke because I was hiding behind humor.

• oh well that's different then, you're right :s that sucks

• Have you heard the Michael Buble song "Haven't met you yet" he refers to his future love as "kid" in the song several times. So I assume its not that bad a thing really