Do you prefer introverts or extroverts?

Would you rather date someone who liked to be alone,

or someone who was always with friends?

We're all somewhere along the spectrum from hermit to party planner. Where do you fall, and what type do you like?

Would being too much of either cause you to stop dating them?

• Introverts are more interesting.
  • Extroverts are more interesting.
So far the distinct difference between genders is interesting. Girls are kind of split, and guys generally seem to prefer introverts.

We like to get you all alone to ourselves, I guess, and not have to worry about your friends dragging you away from us.
Just teasing, girls.

Here's a good link to an article on introverts dating extroverts: link

From another article link from psychology today I found the difference:

Introverts- more introspective, attentive to internal thoughts

Extrovers- driven by sights and sounds—they crave sensory stimulation.

Most Helpful Girl

• Introverts over extroverts I think if I had to chose.

Some (but not all) extroverts just start to really annoy me and become too obnoxious. It is good to know some extroverted people though :) They get me out every once and a while.

I don't actually know how define myself though...I prefer to do things alone but I am also concerned with things going on outside of my life. In the middle :) and I prefer people in the middle who have that balance.

Oh and I would rather date someone who wanted to be more alone. And it might casue a relationship to break because if you are so extremely introverted that you don't give me the time of day and care nothing about me and sit home engulfed in your thoughts than that isn't a relationship or if you spend no time with me because you are other places with other people then I don't think it could really last if we don't spend enough time together.

What Girls Said 9

• I was with a shy guy for a while. And like me, he wasn't so shy around his friends.

But he was always so nervous around me when we were alone and he would never text so I had to break it off.

I actually had the biggest crush on him and school (he was a grade higher, and tall and lanky and so cute) but if the personality isn't there... what can you do?

• I would prefer a hermit. My family is a notorious group of crabs so this guy would fit right in.

Come abode in my hermitage c:

and yes being the extreme on either end is definitely a turn off

• I'm really extroverted, but I prefer someone who is in the middle. I've been with guys who are really introverted and they're kind of boring. I've been with guys who are really extroverted and they can be really overwhelming. I've had good and bad relationships with both types but I like someone who is in the middle. Perhaps a little more on the introverted side because I think shyness is kind of charming. But overall, I like someone with a more moderate personality.

• I'm quite introverted. I wouldn't mind dating an extrovert, as long as they aren't obnoxious and they know when I truly do need my alone time and are willing to go along with that.

• I guess I would prefer a fellow introvert.

• @your update: don't make conclusions about all of a gender based on the GAG community... seriously not accurate.

• shhhh, don't tell anyone, but that's my way of trying to get more comments going. I figured some people would either chime in, or debate the point.

I'll put a better update out there.

• Extroverts.

• Well, my current boyfriend is very extroverted when he's with friends (EVERYBODY loves him.. the only people that I can think of that don't are guys that like me and I suspect that the only reason that they don't like him is because he prevents them from being with me) but when we're alone he's a hermit. We never leave the house. We always cuddle together and he turns off his phone and everything and we just talk. I think that's the perfect way to be.

I guess I'd rather have an extrovert than an introvert though. My boyfriend gets clingy sometimes when he starts to choose me over his friends (so I think if he were an introvert it would be like that all the time) I'd rather have a guy who spent more time with other people than one that was super clingy.

• I'm an introvert by the way (I have a small group of about 5 friends and rarely ever talk to anyone else)

• I'm an introvert. I prefer being with a fellow introvert so he can understand how I feel and he likes hanging out at home just as much as I do.

• I'd chose someone that is extroverted simply because I'm introverted but I wasint always like this I kinda lost a good amount of friends .Which is why I'm in the postition I'm in at the moment that stops me from going out and enjoying life. I'd like someone extroverted so they can pull me out there into the world, I know it should not be up to them but I'm too introverted I need help lol.

• I completely respect this answer.

• You know I thought it was some kind of anxiety problem in the past and looked it up at one point and seemed like it,depression I don't doubt it could be it either but I'd lean more to anxiety because not even with my family do I want to go out and enjoy..idk it kind of sucks what do you think it's do to?

• I'm not sure as to the causes of anxiety. I know my mother spends most of her time with "what if" thinking, and catastrophies loom around every bend for her - so she probably passed it on.

I spend most of my time fighting off those nagging thoughts of what other people are thinking about me, etc. and if I'll ever be able to turn my life around. I turned to the program and although it made me more agitated at first, now it's helping more and more.

The key is fighting repetitive thinking.

What Guys Said 6

• I've always had closer relations with introverts, although I don't have anything against more outgoing people. I thik when you want a longer term involvement with someone, you should look more at introspective people and not party animals, in general.

• Introvert I'd say. Thing with an extrovert is that their entire life is so contingent on what their friends, and really any other person has to say about them. Personally I can't really be around people all the time for longer than about a day before getting antsy. I grew up extremely secluded, so I am almost entirely self contained. I enjoy being around people, but only in short durations and times of my own choosing. Constant outside presences make me twitchy.

• I have noticed the more extroverted someone is the more easily they seem to change opinions. They can be swayed so easily by other people that it makes it hard to trust them in a relationship. One bad day, you leave the toilet seat up, she goes off to her friends, they make a few comments about what an inconsiderate lug you are, and then you're the odd man out.

• Haha, well I've never had a relationship disintegrate because of bathroom habits, though I see what you mean as far as seemingly fickle people go

• I say extroverts as a rule. But my friends are mostly a mix. The thing that most people miss is that most "introverts' are really just restrained extroverts.

The "nerd" persona is almost always actually an extrovert. It's just that they are bored silly by what other folks talk about. So they appear introverted. I have met exactly two, true introverts. One is my father. the second is my best friend. The rest of the "quiet people" are very much extroverted but just aren't passionate about the common subjects.

The true mark of an introvert is that when they are most passionate is also when they are most quiet and turned inwards.

I have dated both. And I don't like one better. Necessarily. You just have a different type of relationship.

• I'm somewhere in the middle, so either one would be fine with me.

• I'm an introvert, and I want a girl who is similar to me. I don't think an extrovert would like to date an introvert because she would be very social while I hang out with my closest group of friends.

Personally, I find extroverts to be kind of annoying. They come off as being loud and irritating, and sometimes won't shut up!

• Introverts..

Extraverts are like kids with ADHD, constantly requiring brain stimulus or they run off to find it.