How long should a coffee date last?

Ideally, how long should a coffee date last? I suppose it depends on how well she and I connect, but in general, what do you think?

I have known the girl for years. We worked together for about three years, then went separate ways last year as she went out of state to college and I got a new job. She's in town for spring break and I'm taking her to coffee tomorrow.

So, how long should a coffee date last, ideally?

Most Helpful Girl

• If someone invited me on a date to get coffee, I would expect it to last about an hour (longer if it's going really well). Keep in mind it will take a few minutes to actually get coffee. It probably takes me 20-30 minutes to have a cup of coffee (since at coffee shops they always make it really hot, so you can't drink it right away), and then that would leave us a little bit longer to talk before we part ways.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• i'd say no more than 30 minutes , mean your not having dinner so it shouldn't last too long but yeah it depends on how things go

• It depends on how much you have to ask & tell each other.

• It depends. It shouldn't be too long. It's just a way to get to know and talk to her so it should be simple and straight forward

With me, I find that a half hour to an hour is usually fine. It doesn't need to be more than an hour. Save some of the fun for later.