• Ask
  • myTake

Why does my guy "friend" treat me like crap whenever his girlfriend is around?

Ugh...I'm really getting a little sick and tired of the fact that my guy "friend" acts so weird around me whenever his girlfriend happens to be in my vicinity. (Back story): I used to have a huge crush on this guy friend of mine. Even though we never really dated, over the years I think there was always sort of a mutual attraction between us, but we never actually addressed it. Well...he's moved on now and started dating a new girl a few months ago this year, and even though I was kind of hurt at first, I've gotten over it. But NOW...I've just started to notice a pattern. He acts "funny" and sometimes even downright mean towards me whenever his girlfriend is around. But when she's not around, he & I are pretty cool. In fact, he's usually teasing me, and being even a little flirty. What is UP with him? Why the sudden Jekyll/Hyde behavior? Why can't he just be "normal" with me when his girlfriend is in the room? I feel so hurt... :( I never did anything to him. Why does he treat me this way? I can deal w/someone not being my friend, but he'll act like my friend whenever she's not around, but then act like he barely knows me when she's around. It's so not fair... How do you handle a situation like this? I'm starting to dislike him. I need advice! PLEASE!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!

What Girls Said 1

• i can read you, you want pple to answer that he acts like this because he is still attracted/likes you but tries really hard to hide it from his gf. You set up the question so that, this is the only answer... If you still like him tell him and if he truly acts like "you say he does" then he will like you back

• Huh?? I'm confused. I didn't "set up" the question as anything. I'm just stating what I've experienced. Nothing more, nothing less. He really does act weird whenever I happen to be around when his girlfriend is there. :( What do you think is the "real issue" here? Oh and btw, I don't like him romantically anymore. His behavior towards me in the past few months has been too bad. I just don't know why things can't be normal between us.

• Show Older
    • Are you joking? Or, are you being serious? Because lately his actions haven't exactly been screaming "I like you!" I just dont' think it's fair that I have to be the one being treated like crap when I'm not even doing anything to him! Why do I have to suffer? If I started dating a new guy, I don't think I would have to treat him like crap just to make my new boyfriend feel secure. Idk....it's just very strange to me. :( This sucks... I guess he and I were never really friends. :-*(

• Maybe you should just stop hanging around him for a while and watch what his actions are like?