What does it mean when a guy breaks up with you and says you can be friends, but won't talk to you or see you?

My now ex boyfriend broke up with me on Wednesday and told me that we could still be friends and hang out, but he won't talk to me or text me. He... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• I actually told my ex that I still wanted to be friends even though she dumped me. Though I later found out that she lied to me about "not being able to be in a relationship right now", and actually dumped me for another guy. The reason she agreed to be friends is because she knew that I would suspect some foul play if she didn't, because "not being able to be in a relationship right now" isn't really something you would not want to even be friends with an ex for. So as soon as I found out there was actually another guy she actually told me that she didn't want me to be upset with her. HA! It is a way to avoid the hurt you are putting on the other person, that way you don't have to have all of the guilt that goes along with a break up. The thing you have to realize is that he doesn't want to be with you right now, for whatever reason, so you should return the favor. Don't even try to be friends with him, go completely no contact and if he calls you then don't answer for at least 30 days. After 30 days I'd say it is okay to call him and ask if you are ready to be friends, but don't have high expectations, prepare for the worst that way you won't be too disappointed if he doesn't want to be friends.