I've got a well groomed beard and mustache that I get compliments on all the time (mostly be girls/women), but my long head hair rarely gets any praise (mostly because my mustache is just better).
Anyway I'm starting to feel like it's admired in a "oh that's unique & looks cool, but I wouldn't date him" way instead of "oh he looks good, I wonder if he's single".
Basically I want to know:
- what makes long hair and/or a beard attractive?
- what you feel a guy needs physically & mentally to pull it off?
- how old are you & do you find long hair/beards appealing?
*photos of guys that are better looking than me (but my facial hair is better)
- Short, clean cut & clean shaved is most appealing.Vote A
- Medium length, no longer than the ears a couple months of growth for facial hair is optional... well groomed of coarse ;-)Vote B
- Long, to the chin and beyond with a beard well groomed is amazing.Vote C
- Long but with little to no facial hair.Vote D
- If you're sexy, in shape and have charisma you can do whatever the hell you want.Vote E
Most Helpful Girl
I like long hair. A lot of women will argue that as long as it's clean and fitting, they like it- but, really, it doesn't have to look soft and silky to be "clean." Many guys have a great "scruffy"/"un-manicured" look that somehow looks complete (a bit like photo #3), with hair falling in their own clumps of strands and patterns.
It is hard to say exactly what is the ingredient for pulling long hair off, as there are so many factors, so many people, and so many individual styles. I don't think any one personality or temperament is better suited than others. There are quiet, broody types, awkward types, and confident types who manage well.1