Girls what do you think about guys that listen to classical music and actually dig it?

Like Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, Schubert, etc. Cool? Not Cool? Why or why not! I think that kind of music is so beautiful, I also enjoy learning their music on piano :P

link The whole thing is amazing, to me it's like it's all foreplay which starts getting really good at around 1:38 and then eargasm at 2:17! Agh so good, gives me goosebumps actually lol.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 17

• I think that's sweet! Shows you have taste! I used to not enjoy classical music because it was pushed on me by my parents but I've come to really appreciate it over the years. It's amazing for that kind of music to have been made so long ago. And can you believe that Beethoven was deaf in his later life and produced some of his best pieces? He would use a stick type thing in his mouth to feel the vibrations from the piano as he played! The song that can make me cry is Pachelbel's "Canon." Everytime I hear it, it makes me feel as though everything is all right in the world (starting at 1 minute and 52 sec it's best)!

• Yeah definitely, it's so classy ;) As for Beethoven, yes I did know that which only makes his music even more amazing than it already is! I have yet to listen to that song, when I do I'll let you know!

• dude , chopin's nocturne gives me goosebumps, its okay just make sure you get to know the girl to see if she's open or not, classic stuff for me is OK but there are always those dumb generic chicks that you have to watch out for

• I said to my friend the other day how under-rated classical music is. There was a violonist performing on the streets the other day and I was saying to him what a great tune to dance to. I'm not sure who composed it, but I've heard it before in a film. Also, some of the best movies have the best classical music in it as the soundtrack. All in all classical is definitely cool and not enough people apreciate it.

• Very good point! Underrated for sure! It's kinda sad really, they're amazing pieces. If people can't appreciate them it kinda makes you wonder maybe our the things we value are all screwed up huh? Anyway I was thinking just that, about classical music making movies soooooooooo much better. The link I posted would be amazing for a dramatic scene.

• Cool :) I enjoy it, too. I'm not extremely into it (I wouldn't be able to name many pieces off the top of my head), but I'm an occasional listener. It's intriguing when a guy likes it. It's always nice to meet a guy who doesn't exclusively listen to country music.

• Yeah I don't know everything about classical and would honestly say I only know a very limited selection of it but from what I have heard, I absolutely love it. Thanks for you answer!

• :D :D :D

not classical, but freaking awesome. recently added to my repertoire :p

link

• You can play that? Damn, you're a bad ass, you can play for me any day! My only complaint is that it was too short :( moreee!

• np :)

and yes, you definitely need at least 8 octaves. get that piano! :p

• One day earbrain, one day :)

• I dig it probably because I listen to classical music too, but I like Schumann better than Schubert ;)

• I think it's always cool when people have their own thing that they are really interested in. Not because it's popular and others like it, but because they like it. I have great respect for that, and I do find it cool.

• I think it shows that you don't just listen to the same sh*t played on the radio a million times a day and actually think for yourself.

So a good thing. lol

• I'd find that/him so interesting. I don't listen to it much, but I'd listen to it with him. He could introduce me to some. I love music. ;-)

• Well that's good to know, I love music very much as well, we'd get along then! :)

• That isn't too bad. I wouldn't mind some classical music has great songs.

• I can't base my judgments on a musical preference, but I would be fond if he really liked it and didn't just say he liked it, as you say 'and actually dig it'. I dig Stravinsky, Glass and Bach.

• Yeah I don't know a lot of classes works but what I have heard, I absolutely love! I was listening to the link I posted the other day and was just amazed how one man wrote that, I could only dream of being 1/4th as talented. Recommend any pieces?

• Idk, it's almost blasphemy to even think that! But I suppose there is some truth in what you say, at least potential, but not very much probability lol.

Thanks for the list, I shall eventually check them all out! You know a lot of classical music, that's pretty cool :)

• Haha, only a passing interest. Tchaikovsky - Romeo and Juliet is quite beautiful, too.

• I don't mind if a guy listens to classical music. I like listening to it, and if he does too then awesome =)

• I think that's pretty cool, & shows a lot of about the quality of your character.

• thats awesome

• woohoo!

• pretty cool, I enjoy classical music as well

• I personally like...

What Guys Said 4

• A lot of people stereotype classical music. People don't realize that it can be incredibly dark, and some of it sounds more modern than music of today. Check out out prokofiev for example:

link

It's some of the most incredible music I've ever heard.

• What, no Vivaldi either? Four Seasons- Summer is just pure eargasm link

Also Cello Suite No. 1 is so effing soothing link

Did you ever see either of the Fantasia's when you were younger?

• Oh sh*t dude I f***ed up, how could I not mention Vivaldi? I'm ashamed.

You know, I think I did but I must have been ridiculously young, and I'm bad at remember movies I've seen in the past. Are you saying I should watch it again?

• Yeah, if you don't remember them. I loved them, saw the first at school then saw the second on a school field trip and loved it too.

• i like classical music, but normally I listen to rock. If you can't appreciate classical music, then you can't appreciate music at all

• That's exactly how I am. Classical songs are some of the most amazing compositions on the planet, if not THE most amazing.

• Damn Requiem is another good one. I used to be in choir when I was younger and we sang Lacrimosa and that felt amazing to be part of one giant harmoniously powerful piece, it was kick ass! Not sure if I've heard the other two but I'll look em up. Alice in Chains is great, I have too many bands I like to pick just one.

• yeah, it's epic when they sing lacrimosa. I love aic because the lyrics are so powerful and haunting in some ways

• Would love that more people would like classical music.. Have played the piano in 12 years, both classical music and love songs. Some film music soundtracks are also good.