Why do guys always look at girls in the gym?

i go to the gym on a weekly basis

and the guys there are always looking at me

when I catch them looking they always look away

i feel awkward kinda

Most Helpful Guy

• They probably are attracted to you or find your workouts pleasureable to watch. I'm not saying that it's necessarily right or a nice thing to be the "center of attention" of these guys, but they do like to look at attractive women. And women working can be quite the sight at times. They might even be thinking of joining you. :)

However I would say that if it starts to become uncomfortable, I'd suggest maybe mentioning it to the owner or management of the gym. You might talk or ask the guys not to stare but that might possibly lead to confrontation and/or harassment and that's not what you're there for. You could also try moving to different stations or whatnot but you shouldn't have to do that since you have every right they do to do whatever exercises that you desire to do.

My best of luck to you and hopefully you'll figure out something. :)

What Guys Said 9

• hahaha I totally do this in the gym. they look cause your looking good. we're not thinking ' I'd hit that' we're just looking, but most guys look away cause they don't want to bother you during your workout. me on the other hand, I make eye contact.

would you mind it if one of thos guys came up and talked to you? I've always thought girls in the gym didn't want to be bothered

• I hate when guys try to hit on me while I am on the treadmil running or doing something where I am out of breath. It's not so bad to approach us when we are walking to another machine or something. I always feel awkward tho, not because I don't wanna be bothered but because I am sweaty and I think it's gross and I must look terrible.

• Guys don't care if you're sweaty...if you're good looking and nice that's all that matters :)

• I wouldn't mind it one bit!

And I'm the girl who is super focused on my workout.

You can see it in my face, so I expect I come off as pretty unapproachable.

That just goes to show you, you never know!

• it's quite simple: they think you're hot.

while a guy is working out and he see's a hot girl, he looks at her. it could also mean that they want to impress you. when they look at you, if they see you look back they will probably try to lift a bit more (only the stupid ones though)

• cuz guys LOVE seeing girls werk out- they love fit, athletic, toned bodies, rather than them Jabba the Hut looking thangs they are told to "accept"...

• ya know, its kinda funny you ask that, I keep asking people where to go to meet single women, and a lot say the gym. men go to the gym to meet women, yet women go to the gym to work out. frankly I feel its sexist to even have those "women only gyms"

seems women do more to make it difficult to be approachable.

• it is a compliment and I always do it just cus its something nice to look at while your working out espcially cus you girls look so good workin out, just listen to your music and don't pay attention to him I kinda know how you feel it does feel kinda awkard when a girl on the treadmil wips back constantly to look at me lifting I lose focus.

• Honestly, most guys when they see a girl wearing tight anything. in public. I can tell you the first words out of our mouths. "I'd hit that." Most of the times they stare at you with one thing on there minds, sex. . I'm not going to lie I have done it a couple times. Not something I'm proud of any more now that I'm more mature and I Have girlfriend who has made me respect women more. That's just from my honest experience of hanging out with them and being one.

Hope this helps

• Guys are just appreciating how you take care of yourself unfortunately most of us guys are pussies so we stare thinking it is somehow a compliment. Next time if you see a specific guy you like checking you out initiate a conversation and he better take care of it from there.

• well, you know guys. They probably think ur beautiful or something =] don't worry about it.

• because we like to look at girls

What Girls Said 2

• because all guys do that to check girls out.

when I go and lift light weights at the gym, guys check me out too, but they do for like almost all girls there at the gym

• Girl it's definitely a good thing. They find you attractive! Most (not all) people who go to the gym are usually single and looking.