Guys are you disappointed when you get the ugly waitress?

i work in a restaurant popular with people aged 15-25. on staff we have 5 guys and 15 girls, but the girls work way more often so a lot of times you see only girls on the floor.

all the girls I work with fall between above average and stunning. I fall into the ugly category, at least by comparison. I am plain and average at best, but a lot of people have told me I'm ugly and I can see and believe it.

i wonder if guys are disappointed when they get me instead of one of my prettier coworkers. I noticed I make way less tips than them also, even though I'm a better waitress than some of the prettier ones.

i asked my guy friend this question on chat and this is what he said:

lol funny question! I HATE getting ugly female waitresses... -__- Well honestly it can make things happier and encouraging to get her attention if she's hot, and yes I always leave a better tip for an attractive waitress

Most Helpful Guy

• I will try to help by being honest, though I suspect hatred will come my way ...

A) When guys I know decide where to go for a drink after work (not to meet others, just have a drink) the relative hotness of the waitresses at various bars is, in fact, a major deciding factor in where to go.

B) They like the prettier waitresses, sure.

C) More then the above, they like waitresses with decent bodies who are dressed in a sexy outfit. This is particularly true as you begin drinking. You pay more attention to her thighs, and thicker thighs are starting to look pretty damn good.

D) Better looking waitresses get better tips, but flirty waitresses get more too. An average looking waitress who flirts gets more then a beauty who doesn't.

I recognize some people might think 'dress like a whore and flirt' seems like inappropriate advice but ... it will crank your tips.

I can still remember one bar I went to for a party, standing room only, one waitress, probably the least attractive one there, was the biggest flirt, smiling, touching guys on the arm, etc. Guys were buying her drinks, she got massive tips.

• I think that's very true. Flirty beats good looking every time when it comes to tips.

• I up voted this because I use to work as a waitress, and I wasn't the "prettiest" waitress, but I made the most tips because I: always looked neat, flirted with customers, never screwed up their order, and always made sure they were satisfied with their experience.

What Guys Said 12

• The girls you think of as prettier, probably find it easier to smile and flirt with customers a little to get those bigger tips.

If you walk around thinking you are ugly, I would say it's almost a certainty that you don't smile as much or flirt as much as those other girls.

That explains the tip discrepancy.

And no, I wouldn't be disappointed.

• Food > Perving on the waitress

I'm not disappointed when I get an "ugly waitress." I don't go to a restaurant with my friends and hope to get a pretty waitress, I want good food. I don't really discriminate in how I tip, and I generally give the waiter or waitress a flat 20% unless they were terrible and not brand new at the job. I might tip a little more for a talkative waitress who goes above and beyond the pleasantries.

On the occasions that I have perved on a waitress, it was while she was serving another table and couldn't see me. So even at my perviest, the sex or attractiveness of my table's waitress doesn't matter so much.

• I don't really care how she looks. As long as she brings the right food, and on time, that is satisfying enough for me.

• It doesn't matter to me as long as she brings my soup before my meal like I asked, not with it or after my meal.

• No I wouldn't be disappointed as long as you are fun, nice, and knowledgeable. As long as you make sure I'm taken care of I'm gonna tip you well. Just as everyone else said, I also doubt your ugly.

• keep your head up. confidence goes a long way (even for women) Don't call yourself ugly, and don't believe people when they tell you you're ugly. that's for the dogs.

• I don't care. I want someone that's friendly and provides good service. I've definitely never tipped more or less based on looks. You're most likely not ugly anyway. Girls are so harsh of themselves.

• yes, yes just so much

getting an ugly girl makes me enjoy my food a lot less

• If a girl is not prettier than another, doesn't bother me. I still tip whoever, it's only fair, right?

People are shallow, don't let it bother you.

• Your too harsh. I doubt your ugly, restaurants don't hire ugly girls under the age of 20, the thing about tips, I never base it on looks, that's just dumb

• I rarely get ugly waitresses at rest. I go to. When I do, I don't think much of it, I assume they already have a boyfriend and are probably too young for me (like you)

• No girl can be ugly in this world ... at the least a girl can be average .

They have b**bs , a** and such a hot body irrespective of their face and personality .

I would be pleased to see a girl instead of some f*cking idiot guy around me anytime . And never underestimate yourself ... the guys who say you ugly are ugly and pathetic themselves .

Hard work always prevails ... Maybe now you don't get enough benefits but if you continue to work hard , you would sure be better than others that you work with .

The world is full corrupted ... *sigh*

What Girls Said 3

• ur self esteem is too low. people call you ugly because you act like your ugly. if you hold your head up high and at least PRETEND your the baddest bitch people won't know how you feel on the inside. fake it till you make it. I seriously doubt you are ugly at all. you have to be pretty because I know the type of restaurants your talking about, those restaurants wouldn't hire an ugly girl. those type of restaurants hire pretty girls. and you work there so your pretty. you make less in tips because you probably carry yourself like an ugly girl. have some confidence, be flirty and act like your the baddest and u'll see your tips rise

• i doubt you're ugly,there are always people applying to work as waiters and the restaurants can choose who they want,they always choose the attractive,friendly ones cause they earn the most money.

• Don't worry about it. If you look clean, smile a lot, know how to talk/flirt and never screw up the order you will be the best in the place. Beauty only lasts so long, but brains, attitude, and smiles get you further.