Why do girls go to the gym?

Okay you know what? I'm tired of girls going to the gym and getting all hard.You don't need to work out. If you overeat, it just goes to your butt and boobs and makes you look better. Also girls hardly eat anything at all, so it shouldn't matter. It's like, when I see a girl eat, TWO DAINTY LITTLE BITES OUT OF HER SANDWICH and then she pats her mouth clean, sips her drink an OOOOOOPS I'M DONE. Then afterward I tear hunks of meat out of my steak and order a large beer and feel kind of like a freak, but that's okay, since men are savage monsters.

SO WHY do girls need to go to the gym? I like soft. Girls are soft. Girls gone to the gym are not soft. I do not like.

How am I supposed to use you as a pillow if you get all hard? Or what about if I accidentally bump into you in a hallway, I don't want to feel this huge muscled monster bumping into me. I want to feel this cute little soft girl go poof! Then I pick her back up feeling kind of bad that I smashed into the poor little soft girl. Plus there's obviously no need to train yourself physically in terms of self defense since MEN exist, we do all the self-defending for you.

So girls, I have a proposition. Stop going to the gym, and we men will do our best to be extremely sensitive and loving, and we'll treat you like queens.

Thank you!

Mm...hahahah..hahaha!

My purposes in asking this question were numerous.

1. How do women respond to a predetermined social image of them?

- Some legitimized the image of the soft women, while simultaneously defending the gym.

- Some attacked the image.

- Some said the image was due to the gym.

2. Do stereotypes of women exist among men?

- Surprisingly, the overwhelming response was in the negative. Most men defended the women. Good job.

3. How many people actually answered the question?

- Some did, directly.

- Some didn't and just insulted me.

- Some did indirectly.

4. Why do women go to the gym?

- For confidence.

- For fitness and wellbeing.

Thank you all for participating in my survey. Yes, it was deliberately worded as such. Yes, you all did very well.

The response has been... amusing.

A very good day to you all.

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls go to the gym because exercise isn't just about looking tiny and muscely. Exercise has major health benefits. It makes it so you can sleep better, concentrate better, remember better. There is a correlation between exercise and decreasing the likelihood of acquiring dementia or alzheimers. Girls go to the gym because looking all soft and lovely doesn't come as easy as you make it sound. Some of us have to work to keep that soft hourglass figure that you men are conditioned to look for because of evolution. Plus, some of us actually like to exercise. We like the endorphins just as much as you men do. There's nothing about consistent exercise that is going to make a once soft girl, hard and uncomfortable. If you can't handle girls being at the gym, then hit the road and take a run.

What Girls Said 17

• wait... didn't someone else just make a post about how much they hated that women don't have to get all hardcore fit? *sigh* there's no pleasing anyeone, is there? :p

• If you workout the meat goes to your butt and boobs? You'd be surprised how many people are less fortunate. They develop love handles, a pot belly, a double chin, or even a turkey neck.Not all fat is good.

Women go to the gym to tone up, or lose weight, and or be in better health.

• ummmmmmmmm f*** you.

• When I eat it goes to my belly... do you like that? no. good.

I go to the gym, but I'm soft and womanly... I see muscular girls and that's really not my thing...

• what was the real point behind this?

• F*** you

• lol, I don't go to the gym, I used to when I was active and in sports, I am still lucky that I can still pretty much eat anything I want without my weight going up...but I'm sure soon enough it will catch up with me.

• I think I'm feeling off today. I almost got baited by a troll. =/

• Hahaha you are amusing too :)

• You are a nerd, Xeno.

P.S. I go to the gym so I can get the arse of a Greek Goddess.

That is all.

• "ooooops I'm done" hahahaa you're funny! but, sadly, all that food doesn't go to our boobs and butt. therefore, we need to workout. AND for the record, not all girls eat like that. I just had to answer because I laughed for like five minutes lol

• i love to work out! I go to be healthy, and stay in shape! And to make myself feel good!

• haha...not

• uhh you haven't seen my belly and arms and cellulite on thighs.

• ok I'm soft! if it means what I think it does. and I sometimes go to the gym. so I want to be healthy, sue me. also it's sort of feels good and builds confidence to know that you're fit and healthy :)

• are you okay? O.O

• I go to the gym so I can stay in shape since I like playing sports. I feel better after going to the gym, it helps me to relieve stress, and I enjoy working out. I eat more than 2 bites at a meal. I do notice a difference in how hungry I am on the days I work out vs. the days that I don't work out. As for the whole self defense thing, I'm not working out for self defense although I do know some basic stuff. If someone wants to come after me bad enough I know I'm not going to be able to stop them so that's why you have to be smart by walking with people at night and avoiding walking by yourself when possible. My best self defense is my common sense.

What Guys Said 7

• Gotta admit I very much like the look of a girl who goes to the gym and visits other areas than the aerobics studio and where the treadmills are. You know, the ones who make occasional trips over to the "other" end of the gym where they keep _our_ equipment (squat rack, olympic bars, etc) =P

• Nothing hotter than a girl doing real squats, especially when she has better form than the curlbros

• Do you have anyone with invisabke lat syndrome at your gym

• haha a few. but nothing beats mr. i-do-arms-and-thats-it

• I disagree.

I like when women have fit legs and butt. I don't like really skinny/athletic type of body, but its not what I like. Its about your goals and how you want too look. It's for overall health not esthetic reasons. Everyone should get some type of exercise because no matter what your age will catch up too you.

• You are alone on this one. Whether she's fit or not, getting her body to where she thinks is attractive is...well, attractive.

• They do it to be cool. If they work out light enough they should be hard like a rock. lolololo

• Someine give me a ruling. Is this guy trolling or retarded because I can't tell

• Maybe a bit of both.

• theres a dude at my gym who I've never seen work anything other than arms. of course his arms are massive but the rest of him is like a stick. it's like a cartoon.

• That's not true

• Google Priscila Collins or Natalia Inoue and then try to tell me you still don't like the look of a woman who hits the gym. Personally I think they are the ideal women.