Why do some guys stare like they're being hypnotized or something?

This doesn't apply to all guys so please don't take offense but I've noticed some guys are just the starey type and try to stare at certain people wih a look so intense they look they want to eat you or something. Or they'll stare like crazy trying to make and maintain eye contact. They just let girls catch them and are blatantly obvious... Why do guys do all this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think for some guys it's a way of letting you know they think you're very attractive to them without having the confidence to actually approach and talk to you. I know that having a guy star at you like that can come across rather creepy, but it could just be that they really fancy you, but are too scared and shy to make the approach. Of course some guys may be staring at you simply because they really are creepy! lol

What Guys Said 5

• That is the "Yeah I want you right now!" look. Women do it too. It's rare both parties are feeling it in my opinion. Overly staring can be a little weird at times.

• I know one guy in paticular who I've never spoken to who stares at me for minutes straight. He'll even turn his head if in walking away and look around objects and people JUST to stare. I know this because he's so obvious it's almost as it he wants me to see him... And people I'm wih have commented. And it's a little weird because he looks to be about 30-35...

• Yeah... I'm 16 (randomly selected a birthday) so it's even ewe order.

• Even weirder***

• Because you're gorgeous ;).

• Ha thank you :). But he's 30-35... And I'm 16. He's also very attractive so I don't understand why he's always staring...

• That's true... But there's guys I think are gorgeous and I don't stare at them like crazy every time I see them. I'm sure you can imagine how uncomfortable it is to be eating or walking around having someone training their eyes on you like laser beams... It'd make you self conscious and most people think its impolite to stare... So I guess I wanna know why do guys have no problem with staring like that and making people uncomfortable? Why do they feel the need to?

• Because males are visual creatures. I agree that a constant stare is uncomfortable, and I think it's OK to address that with this person if you know him. But males tend to look...it's what we do. The smart ones of us just don't get caught as often ;)

• You have their attention for the moment. That attention can be given for a number of reasons.

• because that ass

• That only happens when we find the girl attractive.

• This guy is 14-19 years older than me... But insanely attractive so I don't understand why a model looking 30-35 year old is giving me this type of attention.

What Girls Said 2

• i hate to tell...but maybe because you asian?

• Yeah because that's a real phenomenon right there! I wonder which troll you are, considering how old this question is.

• Hahaha please I'm not the one with the rationality of a psychopath and the grammar skills of a 3 year old.

• Go back to Russia, the gangbangers miss you.

• some people stare out into space and they are looking at nothing imperticular.. I do this often, sometimes when I'm driving I don't even know it its pretty bad honestly

• He follows me around literally and with his eyes... He'll turn his head to keep staring and will struggle too look around and over people and things to keep staring... Sometimes I stare out in space but not like this... He'll be talking to other people, will see me, and will drop all conversation and start staring.