What stops white guys from dating black girls?

I am a black female who is attracted to all races of men. I find it very interesting, though, that white men are most reluctant to date black girls. In fact, men in general are becoming more and more hesitant to court us. Why is that? Lack of attraction? Fear? Social stigmas?Please respond :]

thanks for the input :]

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• A lot of white guys assume black girls want black guys and black guys only which isn't necessarily true. I'm black and I've always been more attracted to white guys, my friends are absolutely amazed on the rare occasion when I see a black guy and go, "Oh he's cute." But I've always been more attracted to white guys, couldn't tell you why. In pre-school I used to run around with some little blonde hair blue eyed boy and we'd tell people we were going to get married. Some white guys also assume that most black girls will act "ghetto" which isn't at all true. Then there's also the fear of random black guys getting mad for white guys dating "their women." The fear of meeting a black girls family can be in there too. With interracial relationships there's always the fear of people saying something but really your relationship is really none of their business.But it's not just the guys who'll wind up with rude comments it's the girls too. When I tell people I'm more attracted to white guys than black guys I've heard everything from, "What, you think you're too good to date a black guy," to being told that I'm a traitor to my race which is absolutely ridiculous. Some people ask me if it's just "ghetto" black guys that I don't like and are amazed when I tell them no. I know plenty of well educated black men and I just don't find them attractive, I'm just way more attracted to white guys than I am black guys, it's as simple as that

• Though you can never say always, it is more common for black men to be attracted to white women than the converse. Look at the responses on average. I read somewhere that the worst race to be is a male asian. Usually the least desired by other races as well as within the race. It's horrible that people still argue a racial steriotype. There's ghetto blacks and white trash. All races have bad examples and good examples.

• Show Older
    • The black guys getting defensive is definitely real. I dated a black girl in college, and I was stunned how many black guys would try to take her from me whenever we were out in public. these guys came out of the woodwork. It really seemed to bother them to see a black girl with a white guy.Of course it was probably only a minority of the black guys, I would never claim all black guys acted that way. But there was a noticeable pattern.

• I really understand what you are saying. I have dated interracially and I too prefer black women. I however, haven't found women to be acting "too ghetto" though. I've found more political differences than I have cultural. I too have found a little animosity from black men because I've dated a black woman. But, it wasn't overbearing. That could be related to the area of the country, I'm not sure. Nevertheless, where I'm from, I think there is more animosity from white women.

What Guys Said 87

• For one thing, it's quite dangerous since many black men won't tolerate us making a move on 'their' women. Of course, no one ever objects to them flirting with Caucasian women because then we'd be racist, etc., But of course they're not racist, just ask them, they'll tell you.Secondly, most of them, like their role models among wealthy Caucasian women, are simply for sale, and that's not really very attractive unless you're into that scene.

• Nothing. I love black girls and that's all there damn well is to it!

• Lol :)

• Someone is trigger happy with the darn down arrows * Wt*

• Agreed.

lack of black girls in my area

• Perhaps it's not as much an issue of black or white, but other factors? If you're a really great person, some guys may just be intimidated by that. They may assume you have a boyfriend. You may just be bad at flirting. You might not be aware of how guys flirt and you send off a different vibe, it could be that your look isn't working for you, you could be an extreme pessimist, you may be a nasty cruel hearted girl, it could be that you're just so busy that a guy can recognize it and not want to date you because you're too busy for a relationship - I don't know. Point is to just be aware that there could be so many things other than race that can affect how the dating life goes. You could be right, though - it could be a race issue where you live, but I know that around me at least, there doesn't seem to be any problems with "interracial dating." I seem to be just as ugly to black girls as I am to the white girls, so ANY dating tends to be pretty limited for me. Lol.

• See, this kind of thing always amazes me. I was born and schooled in VA. And you'd think by now, We would ALL be past a question like this. But then, you turn on the TV, or you pick up the paper, and it's like it's 1860 all over again... (long elipse). The short answer is, I have seen my (great) share of extremely beautiful woman, of every race and color. Should this matter? Should I take this into account? If I find a woman sexy, should I disrespect her because she was not born of a certain race or creed or tribe? The ugly truth is, we ALL suffer from prejudicial behavior of some kind or another. It's just so very sad when this has to involve love (or at-least nice asses). I, for one, LOVE beautiful women of every (legal) age and color, regardless of status, wealth, heritage, etc. Just give me a woman with a nice, curvy, juicy ass. :)

• look up the word preference...you don't come off as being very educated..MOST PEOPLE DATE BASED on a person's appearance and yes,one's color does or can have everything to do with it..look up the definitions of these words "preference" racism" and "discrimination" as it seems as though you equate preference to being the same as the last two I mentioned

• no offence but I m kinda honest personi guess for me its less attraction

• Why you think that ?

• Donno its just naturally I am not attracted to black girls .can't help it

• Im black and not naturaly attracted to black men its just been like that scince birth I supppose

• I think that beautiful women come in all colors, shapes and sizes, as I have no major race issues. I must admit though I had an African American woman pursuing me some time back when I was in the service as she often commented on my fat behind, which she always said was a compliment and that she would really like to be with me. I didn't have a problem with this and was always friendly with her. However when we were supposed to "hook up" as it were I didn't do anything, not because I didn't like her, but because at the time I was still a virgin and was rather worried that my "junk" wouldn't be big enough for her or that I wouldn't please her, so this was more a confidence issue on my part than a racial issue. I feel today though that were I single again and an African American woman were to pursue me again I would be more confident than before and I would be a little more assertive, not because my dimensions have changed from before, but I have a little more experience and believe it is more how I treat a woman than how big or small my parts are. I hope this makes sense and that it isn't offensive to anyone, I'm just being honest.

• I am just not interested in black girls that much...i do not find them that attractive to me. Not that they are not pretty I am just not attracted.

• I don't mind being friends with black girls but for me I just don't find them attractive for some reason

• Biologically black people as a whole are more masculine(reason why black men are more attractive to other races of women). White/Spanish people are an in between and Asian people are generally feminine. Most men want feminine women and as a result stay clear of black girls. In either case I'm one of the uncommon ones that actually finds black women to be extremely attractive. I also date them(despite EXTREME disgust and rejection from my family) and my first girlfriend was black.

• I think you're kinda right. You have to be a real man to handle a black woman. I think that's why many guys don't even try. They are initimidated and think they can't measure up.

• Show Older
    • I stand to be corrected but I'm pretty sure that's an ignorant answer and black women are not 'more masculine' than white women. It should be treated as such unless someone backs your claims up with facts.

• Its not biologically found that black women are more masculine or that white women are more feminine by nature. You have to look at the environment and culture of black people. A lot of black women had to take on the roll as mom and dad in there homes. They had to discipline their teenage, hormone raging sons, and manage the cruel world outside the home that made it hard for them to find decent paying jobs that would pay the bills and feed their kids. It makes you hard on the outside.

• I forget which comedian said it, but they said "Black girls just don't think white guys are attractive." Maybe that's why? I don't know. I think there are some amazingly beautiful black girls! Just hasn't happened I suppose.

• Well that comedian was completely wrong

• Cris rock said it and its true for a lot of my friends but not for me

• I'd like to answer a question with a question. Why do so many black women get so offended when a Black Man is interested or is dating a white woman? Seriously think about it, it might answer your question.Answer: Perhaps white men are on your side?

• I think that perhaps some black women get offended because generally speaking many of them don't necessarily find white men attractive, therefore, with many black men dating white women it leaves little selection for them to date black men - that's the general consensus in my experience anyway.

• Negative sterotypes are one major key factor, a t of white guys usally think that black girls aren't attracted to them...thirdly they worry what other People (ie Friends, families, other black guys...ect) will think. Its a load of bullcrap but its the truth. Personally if I met a black girl that I"m attracted to and Compatable with I would harsh date her...and give anyone who has anything to say about it the finger...because its my relationship not theirs..

• Hey hon,I think you should answer my question,im superrr curious.lolhttp://www.girlsaskguys.com/Dating-Questions/189740-why-do-guys-of-different-races-assume-black-women.html

• Because I find few black girls physically attractive.And the few I meet that I would fancy speak as though they are from the 'ghetto' and/or have major attitude problems, even though they have come from nice families and are intelligent.I'm sure there are plenty of intelligent and beautiful black girls, it's just I'm yet to meet one.

• Consider yourself introduced.haha

• I'm mixed first of allI find it laughable that you are so clueless as to why men in general don't want black women...Look at this: link The plain, honest truth is that Black Women are not desirable. They have not made them selves desirable and will not listen to anyone that dare suggest they change their ways. Weight is probably the #1 issue. If they weren't all fat, then maybe a few more guys might put up with them.Also, they act like men, for the most part. They want to act tough like a man. They flaunt themselves too much; have an inflated sense of confidence. Too much attitude. Too much drama.This is coming from a guy that grew up around them. I've been to 4 different schools and have experienced the same thing with them over and over...same loud, obnoxious tones of voice. Same drama, same attitude, which doesn't bode well especially for girls who don't look that great to begin with. And they don't have natural hair many times, have to wear weave, which isn't a good thing...I want a girl with natural hair. Most guys doThen after high school I worked with an all-black female staff at a Starbucks...same crap. Same stuff that they do in school, etc. Same big bellies, same attitudes to go with itAm I saying all? I'm not saying the majority, but the overwhelming majority. Take any 10 random black girls, 9 out of 10 will be fat and have some kind of chip on their shoulder. I wish they all could be Ashanti or more like Rashida Jones, I really do. But their ego's are too big for that.

• Hmmm sounds like you are the one with a chip on your shoulder...I'm black and even though you didn't say all you said majority and that's definitely a lie. I don't hang out with anyone like that...I know the stereotype you are referring to but that is not at all the majority...you seriously need to think before you post idiotic crap like that.

• Show Older
    • I am Interracial, Black and cherokee (well, my dad is half, so it counts... LOL) I agree with you 10,000,000%! I live in the detroit area and when I actually lived IN Detroit, I was herrassed because I don't screw and smoke marijuana! In fact, most of the women in that area had 4 kids, playing at least 2 guys and was high half the time! UNATTRACTIVE! I don't even date black women... I prefer asian or hispanic...

• jessikaelise I have to agree with you fully this here is some f***n uncle tom for sure...u mixd have problms

• Mostly lack of attraction. I'm attracted to fewer black girls than I am whites, hispanics, and asians. The few black girls that I am attracted to never top the list. I'm not racist or anything, I just don't find them as sexy.

• for one thing there is a much higher chance of getting aids.

• Have never heard someone so ignorant as you ....you must really be hideous ...dude!!!!. it implies you do have aids ..no wonder your name is matthew

• Show Older
    • Ur a dumb mother f***stupid a**

• u stpid cowface...jst because your ugly nd get rejectd most of the time dsnt mean you have to blme smthing else...seriosly your full of c***p

• Lots of white guys just lack the confidence to approach. That goes for girls of any color.

• It's the way that you were braught up

• Well I would break it down into a few things:Her family may not accept the fact that I am white.My family (extended) may act sort of weird about it and I wouldn't want things to be awkward for her.I tend to be sort of old fashioned and calm while black females have a reputation for being pretty outgoing and vociferous. Granted I am stereotyping but so are you by asking this question. So in closing, your average run of the mill black chick just wouldn't be that compatible but say a more reserved one that doesn't dress and talk hood with a good friendly family would be more appealing because that is generally what I look for in a female anyway!

• Best answer I think

• Thanks!

• On the average, I'm not attracted to black women. That being said, I've known attractive black women, two where I work both of which married = not interested. Now that I think of it, a friend has this absolutely STUNNING friend, so cute it's almost difficult to look at her (yes, it's possible to be that cute)...My "hangup" is not the women acting "ghetto" as one person below described it. Hardly. I'm not interested in the juvenile bullsh*t that comes with ghetto, and EVERY colour has them.What concerns me is the aggro black men that seem to orbit in most circles that I've seen and I don't handle overabundance of testosterone (grandstanding or otherwise) well, and I have seen this both first hand and heard it second hand. That "baggage", for lack of a better term, tends to be a tie breaker when considering black women.I recognize that this is the exception rather than the rule, but I've met few black women that have had me interested... though I recall a little crushing on one in my church when I was 12 (she was smart and cute). Every other black woman I've met or known either hasn't registered on the interest scale or I just don't see them like that.

• I just don't find black people or people from india attractive.

• Wow! what a surprise. I think Indian women are the most exotic lookin females, out there.

• I used to think Indian women were pretty ugly til I went overseas and saw Indian MTV. With over a billion people there are likely to be some hot girls there somewhere.

• I don't know what it is, indian people just don't do it for me. They have a certain je any sais quois that doesn't click with me. Although it doesn't mean I don't make friends with indians.

• I would imagine lack of attraction.I personally don't know what other guys are thinking. I like girls of all ethnicities. I think black girls are especially fine because, from my limited experience, they tend to be thicker in the right places than white girls. I'm biased because I like a girl with curves; it looks healthy.The reason I don't get up and chat one up is because (1) I'm kind of shy and introverted in person, and (2) they tend to hang out in groups of friends and it's awkward to approach them when they are with other people.

• Couple thoughts:media white men see is mostly a certain type of white woman. So not just black, but size, and such.Intimidation - women tend to be more free thinking, and have less peer pressure. Also may get more support form friends when they date a litle different than they have in past. I think the culture may be intimidating as well. Things tend to go in runs. Like older guys with younger women, but not younger guys with older women. That seems to have changed quite a bit. I assume you will see that change as well. Awful lot of beautiful black women I have caught myself checking out when Girlfriend not looking. :)

• wooooh.. Asian guys are the wost? I wonder.. could you please elaborate or give me the site so I can read it.. I'm just curious and a little bit stunned with what you post..anyways, I believe it matters to one's perception about beauty... as they say," beauty is in the eye of the beholder.".. some will say "black women is a big no no!" and some will say ." wooooh.. Black ladies are definitely HOT".. it really doesn't matter at all because it all depends on how you see beauty,..if you read the answers in your question everyone gave different opinion about beauty. and if you just sum it all up, it ends up in saying that every one of us has their own perception how beauty is..because of strong influence of the norms in our society or in tv, commercials, and the people we are with(race), helps develop how we see the beauty of one person...

• Dude, don't worry about it, the biggest playa I know is asian lol

• My sister and I LOVE asian guys. My sister wants to marry one.

• I'm a white English man and I am not exclusively attracted to any race.The dating site OkCupid recently studied the trends of who their members chose to contact and compared their racial preferences.Black women were more likely to respond to messages regardless of the race of the sender than any other group.White men and women were the most popular groups to contact, but also the most likely to ignore other races.Here's the link if anyone wants to read the full article. link

• Well I think that article is really saying something... possibly the most open minded/desperate and most 'racist' races.

• I don't think it's a case of being either desperate or racist. I was surprised by the results and wish people could just be open to meeting someone special without putting restrictions on who they'll let into their lives. But that doesn't seem to be the way most people work, which is their loss.

• and there's nothing wrong with that..it's called preference

• lack of attraction

• you are a loser defintly

• I think it depends on where you grow up! I grew up in the ninth ward in New Orleans. I was like one of 3 white kids in my school. I went to several dances and dates with black girls. I see no problem with it. My sister is with a black guy. I really think its the society that you grow up in.

• Most definitely

• I would not mind dating a black girl. There is more to the girl than just color. Society may play a big role in some white males opinions on them though.

• (: Excellent.

• I'd argue it's a result of social stigma, that being the primary reason.

• Show More

What Girls Said 30

• The same thing that stops any guy...fear of rejection.

• Well I'm a black girl and I've had white guys like me and hit on me. Or some just check me out and don't say nothing. To answer your question, I think it's because they're afraid of rejection.

• Well guys are afraid of rejection from any cute girls. I do admit yall have sum niiiice asses haha

• My experience is they feel as though black females wouldn't give them the time of day so they don't bother.

• i have a black friend who also questions this. she said she really likes this one white guy. in a group chat, he said that he would date any race or creed but when it came to her asking him out he said, I'm not into u. the next day I asked him why didn't you say yes? he said because she is black and she is too big I'm afraid of her. I figured its cus she's a tall strong girl(she played on a male football team in high school) a lot of white guys are afraid of big girls. guys want to protect someone then someone protecting them. as hard as it is to say this but if my friend was a lot smaller girl this guy would have went for her, I have noticed that a lot of black girls are tall or heavier then a white, Hispanic or any other race. I don't kno how much you way for your body type but a lot of guys like to hold someone and not be held

• half these things the guys are saying are not true, I'm a black women and I'm very attrated to white guys but I'm not rude,loud,ignorent or any of that stuff it actually takes me a while to truly get close to a guy any race of guy,but I also lived in australia for most of my life but before any of you stereotype its a good country(and I'm not aboriginal..lol)and not a lot of white guys approach me .i realllly don't like the way some black guys are just so upfront with their comments it does kind of suprize me but seriously guys approach a black women sometimes you might be suprised by her response :)

• My boyfriend is German and I'm Jamaican.. Nothing stopped him from chasin this tail hunnay ;)

• What you said . my bofriendd is white and I'm black and that didn't stop him from chasing what he wanted .

• I go to a community college and I notice this a lot too...I think its just a social stigma. White men think that they have to act like the black men that they see on TV if they are going to date a black woman.I am a white female and I am dating a dominican/black mixed male. I never saw the color of his skin as being a problem, and I knew that my family would respect whoever I choose. I think that most white household families are not okay with the whole situation, so the men feel pressured not to bring a black woman home.

• I've never net a white dude that sisnt want a black chick..lol. My boyfriend is white and I've been with him for a year <33

• Well I'm mixed so I just called my friend John and he said that he is scared of african amercian ladies because they argue alot... But not all

• Okay this goes back to the media and what we've been brainwashed to accept as beautiful and sexy. We've been bombarded with images all our lives, movies, commercials, shows, we are continuely being shown these images of what is "supposed" to look good. To be considered pretty or beautiful you have to either have eurocentric features or pretty close to it. Long hair, lighter skin, either blonde or brown, light colored eyes, and being thin is the "standard" beauty. We've been shown this all our lives till the point the majority believes this, notice how someone non black or black will be quicker to say beyonce or rihanna is hot rather than another other black person in the media. Why? because we've been shown their images over and over again and told over and over again they are sexy, they are beautiful ( not to say riihanna and beyonce aren't beautiful because that would be a lie) . It's more "acceptable" to date someone that would either look like beyonce or rihanna because they have "eurocentric" features. If you don't fit the bill most likely many won't be attracted as crazy and stupid as it sounds. Media has a hold on us, like someone's comment below, babies aren't taught to be racist, children aren't racist, it's taught. Honestly I think some white guys won't approach because of stereotypes, they believe black girls are loud, obnoxious, always having an attitude, and then they don't fit the media standard, and will probably not approach. I'm not saying all white guys are like that, but I'm sure there are a lot who may feel this way. Stereotypes gets no one any where, I'm a quiet, reserved black girl, who reads everyday, who is in no way "ghetto", and shy. Come on people this is 2010, we need to really get off these stereo types and actually get to know people.

• Theres a reason they say that light skin blonde hair and light eyes are sexier...cuz they are, I love that look its sooo sexy

• as a guy let me say that recent studies show that most people date exclisively within their own race.the interracial relationships on TV and in movies and among hollywood celebrities does NOT reflect the norm'..besides,preference is preference and shouldn't be blown into some huge issue.

• 5d

I think its because they are either afraid or intimidated by how some black women act what they see on tv thats what they think Black women look like and act like but thats not always the case im half Native American and Half Dominican but im darker and because im darker guys usually see me as black and other guys see me as native because my high cheek bones i do not act like a ghetto girl there's a difference between educated women and non educated women there's white women I've seen act ghetto too and those are the ones blac guys usually go for no disrespect to anyone but wherw i live i only see not really attractive white women with black men so i think it has to do with the judgement of others and what they would think people see a person of color with a white pperson they judge you but who cares like i was with my bf for 3 years and they would look at us like we was aliens some facial expressions were funny i just laughed like its not the norm for black or Spanish girl to be with a white guy but its the norm for a black man to be with a white girl so they rarely get any looks it can have something to do with the attraction also but for the most part its all on what you like

• I'm not a white GUY, but as a white GIRL I can tell you that most black women seem... not to sound racist, but rather stand-offish. I'm very intimidated by them because they don't appear to ME to be as receptive or as welcoming as my "usual crowd". I have plenty of black friends, however, our friendships were only started because THEY approached ME. I realize this is really backward thinking and I'm probably just acting insecure, but black women look like can kick my butt with a remarkable amount of ease. Then again, I avoid the overly-confident "cheerleader" type white girls as well.

• lol your answer reminds me of the movie Mean Girls. Remember that clique, the "Unfriendly Black Hotties"?

• some guys are jerks

• LOL... Did any of you know that Ann Coulter was dating Jimmie "Jay Jay" Walker?All sorts of people get together for all sorts of reasons, evidently...I really wish that race was not an issue . As it stands, I am fed-up with the world's BS.

• well from what I found out from other white guys on here is that they don't kno how to approach black girls, because they dnt kno how we're gonna react - whether we'll insult them, be shockd or if we'll act completely normal. I was askin myself the same question cause I'm into white guys but never been approached by 1 - now I kno why =) dnt kno if thas helpd

• I think fear and social stigmas is at the top of the list. It is much more excepted if your families and friends are OK with your dating choices. The city you live in also has a big play in it. I live in Seattle and international dating is common here. I have been dating black men for 20 years and hence my son (34) loves black women and has even been in a long term relationship with a girl that I love and feel is a very good person. So don't blame the men you just haven't found the right one. Good Luck!Trudywww.DumbDates.com

• Thats funny because I'm from LA and see white guys dating black girls all the time!I guess its just where you live?

• i hate these questions, I really do. it doesn't always have to be about race.

• Sometimes it's not about race, but just preference.You can substitute out black and white for fat and thin, or brunette and redheads.The woman who posed the question wanted some clarity... she wanted to see if it was a racial reason or a preferential reason. I think the good thing is that there hasn't been an anonymous moron spewing racist/bible thumping "rationale" as to why people from different races/cultures shouldn't be together.

• I hate these questions too bcz race has nothing to do with it! I suppose at least with me it was how I was raised; its really not even a socioenvironmental conditioning type of thing anymore its basically an overall personal choice that has no right or wrong answer to...in the end though its about chemistry and attraction...even though as they say once you go black you never go back -Im intrigued by all colors and creeds!!!

• i think that a lot of white males might find the stereotypical (loud, in your face, whatever else falls under there) black female intimidating and too much of a hassle, so they just stay away from all in general. obviously the stereotype doesn't apply to all, but I've seen this sort of question several times on this site now and a lot of answers always come back to the stereotype, with guys saying, "if she doesn't fit the stereotype and is nice and calm and etcetc, I would like to get to know her better"

• Out of all honesty, I'm not trying to be offensive or anything and I'm not saying this is true in every case But my dad is white and 52 years old and he grew up around a lot of racial crap. And he wouldn't not allow me to date a black guy but he more than likely would not approve of it and also I would never hear the end of it. I think a lot of it is stereotypical stuff and I personally would want to go out with a few cute black guys but I don't think my family or friends would ever approve of it and I don't want to dissapoint them. Even though blacks and whites all equal now there is still A lot of racism, and there always will be.

• Probably lack of attraction... :/

• Society and fear

• I think physical attraction, which is the first attraction a guy has for you, is something that is just inside of you from an early age and it isn't thought out or logical. I personally like certain odd little physical qualities because I connect them to guys who once had a crush on me. For instance, my last boyfriend shaved his head and though I have no interest in being with him, I notice that when I see a shaved head it triggers this sense of attraction, though I can later talk to the guy and feel nothing.

• Physical attraction can be influenced by environment and not just genetics. Ideal bodies have changed and differ by culture. During times of desolation in early Europe heavier women we more attractive. Then look at the strange neck things in a few African tribes, bound feet in China. Ridiculously oversized fake boobs in America.

• True, but luckily now there is such a range of what we are attracted to as individuals. The media may portray a one-size-fits-all look that guys like but is not the case in reality.

• Well you like them. It is okay.

• I don't know really.

• In general from experience black girls, have a lot of attitude and white guys hate that, they come off too rude. Plus it does'nt help that they generally don't give white guys a second look so they become intimidating to approach if you get my drift? So stereotypically white guys kind of just back off, Please take no offence to what I'm saying just stateing my view. But physically black girls are attractive. Hope it helps answer your question

• Black girls rule!

• what is up with all these desperate ass black girls on the internet pining away for white guys? stop it! I'm a black girl and your making us look bad. not all of us are white boy crazy and desperate ready for a caucasian savior to come take us away...you should have more pride in yourself because it sounds like you are desperate for a white guy... comments like the ones you have gotten makes me glad I don't like white boys. a lot of them are just not interested in black girls and most of us are not feeling them either this is america honey most people still believe in the stereotypes and apply them to all of us. why would you want to date someone like this? we are at the bottom of the social totem pole in many ppls eyes. you have people saying that we're big, aggressive and mean and loud lol its crazy. I've met girls like that of all races but we're the only ones that get generalized. most of these people probably only know like 5 black people personally so how can they generalize? just date a black man, or at least a hispanic or mixed guy

• I don't date black men because I'm tired if tired ass niggas with no scense and whit eboys are just plain sexier unless your drake or trey songz other wise my black ass is dating my white ass or as he calls him self redneck boyfriend

• Show Older
    • ANOTHER SELLOUT! you think you're a white girl and think you're better than black people because you gotta white boyfriend. I wonder if that white guy will introduce you to his parents or marry you one day? yeah I doubt it sista. there are decent black guys out there but a sellout would rather date white trash than find a good black man..if you wanna date outside your race - fine, but do you realize how much of a uncle tom you look dissing your own ppl? I bet your white boyfriend doesn't diss white girls

• totally agree with u

• Social stigmas. You've watched TV lately right? It's a common fact that the general portrayal of the average black person in the media is not a good thing. Culture differences could be one. A black girl that is "whitewashed" wears A&F and acts white would be more likely to get a white boyfriend than a around the way girl from the hood. People usually date those they have things in common with. If they look at you and you fit a different image than they do, they are less likely to get to know youIt may be 2010 but racism is still here. Jim Crow racism is pretty much dead but there are those who still have stereotypical views and think of themselves as superior. If not that particular guy, then maybe his family and peers would frown on it Some are not attracted to black girls. Usually in most cases, most people are attracted to others with features similar to their own.Also some can fear the reactions of HER peers...maybe like a Romeo and Juliet thing. I remember I was talking to this white guy a couple years ago, we were pretty good friends and had a lot in common...we almost went out but one of my friends had a problem with it. He saw us talking and actually came up to him and picked a fight with him.. and a lot of other stuff happened after that so that pretty much ruined things..(goes back to the race thing, he is a black guy but doesn't like to see white boys date black girls)

• "You've watched TV lately right? It's a common fact that the general portrayal of the average black person in the media is not a good thing." - SMART GIRL! Its the entrenched psychological brainwashing that begins when kids are just babies. I mean why would most kids (black or white) choose a white doll as being "nicer" or "prettier", "good" etc? Babies clearly are not racist but they do get bombarded with negative images of blacks in the media. This is obvious. What is not is the impact from it

• Stereo typingis not racism. its recognizing that certain people are related to certain things more than others....i know you might have to read it slow because I just read it and got mixed up.

• When you group an entire race of people because of ready-made stereotypes, that is racist. you don't have to wear white sheets and burn crosses to be a racist

• 3d

I'm a black girl &&I really like white guys, it's not that I don't like my race at all... I've just been more attracted to another, that's all. But I've been told that I'm racist against my own kind, I think I'm too good for black boys, etc. No none of that's true, I just have white guys, been that way since I was a little girl. I don't know if it's because of my grandmother marrying a white man or what... I just prefer white. I've dated black guys before, &&that was a big socket my family. Heck when I say a black looks good I get a weird look &&hear "did she just say a black boy looks good?" I find it retarded &&childish. So half of the time I don't even respond... point to all of this is IT DOESN'T MATTER IF HE'S WHITE YOU LIKE WHO YOU LIKE. DOESN'T MATTER WHAT OTHER PEOPLE SAY.! I LOVE WHITE MEN &&I'M PROUD TO SAY IT.!