What stops white guys from dating black girls?

I am a black female who is attracted to all races of men. I find it very interesting, though, that white men are most reluctant to date black girls.... Show More

thanks for the input :]

Most Helpful Opinion

• A lot of white guys assume black girls want black guys and black guys only which isn't necessarily true. I'm black and I've always been more attracted to white guys, my friends are absolutely amazed on the rare occasion when I see a black guy and go, "Oh he's cute." But I've always been more attracted to white guys, couldn't tell you why. In pre-school I used to run around with some little blonde hair blue eyed boy and we'd tell people we were going to get married.

Some white guys also assume that most black girls will act "ghetto" which isn't at all true. Then there's also the fear of random black guys getting mad for white guys dating "their women." The fear of meeting a black girls family can be in there too. With interracial relationships there's always the fear of people saying something but really your relationship is really none of their business.

But it's not just the guys who'll wind up with rude comments it's the girls too. When I tell people I'm more attracted to white guys than black guys I've heard everything from, "What, you think you're too good to date a black guy," to being told that I'm a traitor to my race which is absolutely ridiculous. Some people ask me if it's just "ghetto" black guys that I don't like and are amazed when I tell them no. I know plenty of well educated black men and I just don't find them attractive, I'm just way more attracted to white guys than I am black guys, it's as simple as that

• Though you can never say always, it is more common for black men to be attracted to white women than the converse. Look at the responses on average. I read somewhere that the worst race to be is a male asian. Usually the least desired by other races as well as within the race. It's horrible that people still argue a racial steriotype. There's ghetto blacks and white trash. All races have bad examples and good examples.

• Show Older
    • The black guys getting defensive is definitely real. I dated a black girl in college, and I was stunned how many black guys would try to take her from me whenever we were out in public. these guys came out of the woodwork. It really seemed to bother them to see a black girl with a white guy.

Of course it was probably only a minority of the black guys, I would never claim all black guys acted that way. But there was a noticeable pattern.

• I really understand what you are saying. I have dated interracially and I too prefer black women. I however, haven't found women to be acting "too ghetto" though. I've found more political differences than I have cultural. I too have found a little animosity from black men because I've dated a black woman. But, it wasn't overbearing. That could be related to the area of the country, I'm not sure. Nevertheless, where I'm from, I think there is more animosity from white women.