My boyfriend is a photographer and I get jealous. How can I deal with it?

before I have started to date with a photographer (who happens to be my boyfriend now) first thing that I considered was if I can handle the thought that he sees different beautiful ladies and take photos of them. At first I thought I can, especially when he said to me that I'm the one he loves and they are just models, but then now, I'm starting to overthink, I really get jealous, I know I'm overreacting but I just can't help it. He even asked me several times to come with him during their shoots, and I constantly refuse cause I know being there, seeing him taking photos of those gorgeous ladies would just make me feel sick but being not there makes me worried that he may flirt with his models or the other way around. I even get paranoid when I found out that he had a shoot with her ex-gf without even informing me. well, he used to inform me about his photo shoots, but that time, he didn't and it was only last month that I found out that she was his ex. I'm even having a low self-esteem, since he never asked me to be his model, given the fact that there are some photographers who had asked me before. The thought that he prefers to take photos of other girls than me makes me upset, I feel like he thinks I'm ugly. :( Please, can someone give me an advice about this? By the way, I never told him about this because I'm afraid he'll get irritated with me.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Guys Said 1

• Honestly, he's probably sick of models. They might be pretty, but they're usually difficult to work with and high maintenance, and are draining to be around. I used to do TV production and was around a lot of models and younger actresses, and the amount of drama and hassles was unbelievable sometimes.

I'm sure he really appreciates having a normal, stable girl that doesn't drive him crazy. I doubt you have anything at all to be jealous about, but I also worry that your jealousy itself will make him feel like you're just like they are: crazy and insecure and full of drama (did I mention how many model types are massively insecure?) So don't be that way. Be confident and caring, and realize this is just a job for him. He likes you because you are DIFFERENT from the same, shallow, boring girls he deals with day in and day out, often seeing their bad sides that most don't see. If he wanted to date a model, he had plenty available. He picked you for a REASON.

• alayaash, as I told dw, remember that he has to deal with these people all the time, and often at their worst, when they're being difficult, when they're intoxicated, uncomfortable, etc. In that situation, many people are going to want anything BUT the people they deal with all day, because they don't want the same hassles at home.

After 5 years, you really shouldn't worry.

• Oh thank you for the response MrOracle. It really helped a lot. :)

• am also facing same situation we are know each other for 5years .when we met he is a normal photographer then he chaaanged to fashion photographer always take photos of models when I see his models photos I nfeel discomfert and am always irritating and fight with him for this reasons.mostly we are long distant lovers.talking through phone only.he spend less time with me.and he saying that this is his job.i must adjust with him but the problem I feel fear he will go from me

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!