Why do guys REALLY hate getting ignored

Why would they care it they chick ignores him, especially out of the blue? How would you feel if the girl you liked started to ignore you and never talk to you? What would you do

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people take being ignored even worse then being cursed out. The thing is ignoring someone has no actual closure so a guy could be waiting for an answer and not accept it even weeks later. Plus if they felt close to you, then suddenly you're not there, it's almost like breaking up in a way for the other person. Granted you're not actually going out but think of it as a "high" so to say. You're having fun with someone then they just disappear. Would you not be sad?

Granted some people get their hopes up way too easily, people like me take things one step at a time.

• Yeah I been ignoring this guy for a year and he still tries to get my attention or get me mad

He wants a reaction. I ignore. He should get over I don't care to speak to him

How do I make it clear

GAG Video of the Day

How To Become A Morning Person

What Guys Said 14

• Well no one really likes to be ignored. I think it's especially brutal out of the blue because the natural instinct would be to wonder why they stopped contacting you whether it's something you did or said or maybe they've broken their phone or got hit by a car or something. It leaves the mind searching for answers and drives people crazy.

• Only a couple of guys hate getting ignored. But a majority of us could careless. The ones that don't like getting ignored are the ones with attention problems.

Silent treatment does not work on guys, ever. WE are used to it since the beginning of time.

• same thing is when a chick is suddenly being ignored by a guy

chicks are usually much worse reacting to being ignored

also when meeting - on two recent occasions that a girl asked for my number (this happens when you have a great conversation and then say "well it was very nice talking to you") they'd see no shame in dialing or texting the number I gave them on the spot, to make sure my phone rings (which it would - if I don't want to give someone my number, I politely say so). I would consider it extremely rude to check right away if the girl's phone rings with the number she just gave me. If it doesn't, it'd be her loss anyway, so why put ourselves in a potentially uncomfortable situation?

• Everyone wants to know what they did wrong if anything. Plus I've always been kind of the awkward shy person in the conversation group so sometimes people ignore me when I try to talk and add to the convo. When that happens, I begin to wonder why I'm even apart of the group. Now I don't expect everyone to respond to me but it seems to happen a lot to the shy people and it makes you feel terrible.

• because we think we did something wrong and we barely know what happened.

More from Guys
9

What Girls Said 5

• No one likes to be ignored, it's rude. It can actually be hurtful if you have feelings for the person.

• No one likes to be ignored it is rude,immature especially if you have feelings for someone.

• because you want what you can't have.

• I thought everyone hated being ignored?

• me too. lol

• I always thought men handled it better than women too, generally speaking.

• some guys hate it