Editor of the Month, April Edition: SweetHomicidalQueen

It's Editor of the Month time again and for the month of April, the prestigious award goes to- @SweetHomicidalQueen Congrats! She wins a $25 Amazon gift card and here 3 of her best - and our favorite - posts:

14 Things I Will Do To/For My Future Husband/Wife

Why I Love Being A Woman

Tips And Tricks For Naturally Curly Hair

This girl produced a ton of great content throughout the month in question, and she definitely earned this honor. With a whopping 43 MyTakes (15 of which ended up being Featured), this Editor had a lot to say and wasn't afraid to say it. She also has a tremendous following and her articles tend to generate plenty of comments, which means she not only produces top-notch content, but she also engages the community at almost every turn.

I know some people out there think we might value quantity over quality, but that isn't the case. Yeah, she wrote 43 MyTakes in April - more than double that of any other Editor - but that was hardly the clinching factor. In fact, it was a close race between her and a couple other Editors, who didn't have anywhere near as many MyTakes, but the ones they did produce were absolutely excellent.

Just so we're clear, here's exactly how we're going to determine this award in the future; factors listed in order of importance:

1. Quality of Writing and Presentation

You know those little HINTS that appear highlighted in purple when you go to write a MyTake? Good content producers take those to heart and all good Editors already do. Not only does the writing have to be solid but this is the Internet...the presentation has to be great, too. When you're done writing it, it has to be something YOU'D click on, something YOU'D read. We easily spot those who do this the best.

2. Community Engagement

Getting people to talk? Got a decent following? Always able to get those comments rolling in most of your MyTakes and Questions? This is what we're looking for from Editors because really, GaG is essentially an open forum and if nobody is talking, it doesn't work.

3. Quantity

Yes, it's true, you do have to produce. All you have to do is check out sites like BuzzFeed and Cracked and other entertainment-related sites to get an idea of the sheer amount of content they push out on a daily basis. Quantity does indeed matter online and it matters a lot. But if you're not hitting the first two factors above, it becomes almost irrelevant. A hundred pieces of trash is still just a pile of trash that nobody wants. ;)

All right, congrats again SweetHomicidalQueen and we look forward to seeing more great stuff from you! If you, dear reader, want to become a GaG Editor, familiarize yourself with these guidelines and don't hesitate to ask me any questions on the matter!

Fathoms77 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 14

What Guys Said 15

• This most be a joke

• Finally.😜

• I guess anybody can win.

• GRatz.

• Congratulations @SweetHomicidalQueen :)

• Well done!! Congratulations!!

• Yeeeeessss! Well deserved, Jade. Awesome. x

• Someone met their quota it seems.

• fuckin mytake factory.

sometimes u gotta chug out content and meet a quota. you definitely earned it. congrats kiddo.

• is this a joke

• Shouldn't we have runner-ups as well?

Since there are many Editors around lately (I'm one of them as well), it would be better to have 2 winners in my opinion (one guy and one girl) and 2 or 3 runner-ups for each gender.

What do you think?

• We could do that if the community thought it was a good idea, though it might seem a little superfluous as we'd still only give out one $25 Amazon gift card. ;)

I was tempted to mention others in the running but then I thought they might be a little annoyed at being beat out, and the post would have more of a "this person beat that person" feel as opposed to a simple "this person did a great job feel." :)

• I mean, my idea was something like:

1st guy and girl: $25 Amazon gift card
      2nd guy and girl: 1000 Xper
      3rd guy and girl: 500 Xper

• Congratulations, @SweetHomicidalQueen!

• congratulations , you deserve it !

• Congrats sweetie. You are the most insane editor.

• Queen, you did it !!
    ^_^