I don't want to hurt him

Okay so I have a boyfriend and I want to break up with him. we've been going out for almost a year. but we've broken up several times. I don't love... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• The problem here is that you keep giving in. Be firm, make it clear that the relationship is one-sided, and tell him to stop trying to guilt trip you into loving him. Crying may let him imprison you, but it won't make things better. He needs to find a functional relationship, and the only way he's going to grow is by losing this battle.

But until he does, you're just teaching him that he can get what he wants by breaking down into tears. He needs to grow up, so don't let your guilt at his misery allow him to drag the two of you down into deeper and deeper misery. It's commendable that you have enough empathy to feel for the fact that he loves you, but you both need a break.

• Thanks. :-)