• Ask
  • myTake

What does three dots after texting mean?

I met a girl through mutual friends and we hit it off pretty good and there is some attraction between us. We were texting today and I was teasing her on how she had to work today and I had the day off. I texted her saying "I just woke up and it feels good to have the day off lol" and she texted back saying" boo. meanie lol" I texted her back saying" me mean, never lol, you on the other hand...hmmm lol"so she texted me back with three dots like this"..." and nothing else, what does that mean?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Somewhere between I don't know how to respond and what the f*** are you talking about?

What Girls Said 2

• That's pretty stupid, lol. She was probably upset, for whatever reason. Texting is such an odd thing, it's so hard sometimes to understand what the other person is trying to communicate to you... who knows dude. Don't call her mean I guess?

• if I wrote that I would be equivalent to a skeptical face. it doesn't means she's mad at what you wrote

What Guys Said 4

• "What are you talking about?"

• In that context I would interpret that as if she said "um?" as if she was surprised or confused you said that. It seems she was confused if you were actually insulting her or just flirting.

• means that she's is probably confused with that last bit you wrote. like the 3 dots mean(...what?) ya know?