Is my boyfriend being serious or is he joking?

Just today me and my boyfriend were in the car and he just randomly said "If I asked you to marry me tomorrow, would you say yes" I said "what?" and he repeated himself..I didn't know what to say, so I was like "Yeah sure" and laughed.

Then there has been numerous time where he has joked about having kids.

1) He joked about what we would name our child

2) He told his mother I was pregnant as a joke

3) I told him I have been hungry lately and he said "are you pregnant, because I don't want that to happen till you ask me to marry you haha"

So is he just playing around or is he being somewhat serious?

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend used to do that same thing, we joked about finding baby names and I told him, "Woah you gotta put a ring on it before any kids come along." But I was totally joking. Then he just kept at asking me to marry him but again I always jokingly said yes. Then one day he asked my ring size and what kinda ring I'd like. Then the next thing I knew he was showing me pictures of a ring he bought. Next thing I know I'm planning a wedding!

Lol he may or may not be joking, but he definitely has thought about the next step in your relationship (marriage) and you should think about it too. That way you're not caught completely off guard if he seriously does get down on bended knee.

What Guys Said 1

• He may be playing around but subconsciously he is definitely thinking about marriage and kids.

What Girls Said 3

• umm he may not be joking around...my ex used to say things like that to me all the time..and then later when I asked him if he was serious he told me "the only reason why I haven't asked you to marry me is because I know you won't say yes"..why don't you ask him?

• I'm of the opinion that people may joke about some of the things they can't bring up in serious conversations, although they are very important topics to the person joking around. It'd be more interesting to hear a guys thoughts on this though.

• Think he's playfully poking to see where your at in the relationship, trying to see if your wanting or ready for that. My ex did that a lot but he obviously changed his mind since he's an ex.