Is looking older than you actually are a good thing or a bad thing?

As you can see I am a <18 girl but when I meet new people and I tell them how old I am, many people (in real life and on the internet) say they thought I was like 18+ I don't know whether this is a good thing or not. I am a short (5'1 / 1.55m) Asian girl, I don't consider myself to be ugly but I don't think I would be considered a "hottie"

• Looking older is a good thing (please explain in comments)
  • Looking older is a bad thint (please explain in comments)
I know looking older when you're around 35+ is a bad thing but I am a teenager so please base your opinon on that:) thanks everybody!

Most Helpful Girl

• Actually you shouldn't worry about this too much at your age, people always guessed me older because many of them seem to associate height with age, at least in my case (for some reason) but now my friends are slowly starting to tell me I look my age and who knows, maybe in a few years I will turn out to look younger to them 😂 + there's also things that you do or might not do that make you seem older, for instance your personality, you might give off this really mature vibe? or make-up? (If I use make-up people usually guess me older), your hair- and dress-style can also make you look significantly older or younger if you choose it right :) Hope I could help.

• Thanks for your opinion and advise! Still debating whether I should pick you or @rathernot for mho🙈

• no worries, just pick whatever helped you the most :)

What Guys Said 4

• bad as hell... who'd like 2 look older? o_O

• Thanks for your reaction!

• If u r teenager, It is bad but If u r mature, it is good

• Thank you for sharing your opinon on this one:)

• I'd say looking older is a bad thing well bc frankly you don't look your age.. Are you not worried about being 25 and looking 30?

• Under 21 = looking older usually good
    over 30 = looking younger is good

What Girls Said 6

• From what I've heard, some girls actually like looking older so guys won't check them out or make a move on them. Some guys like younger looking girls and find them as an easy target so I think looking older is a good thing. When people know my age and they see my older sister, they think I'm older, and I'm used to hearing this. I actually find it as a compliment. I don't like it when I look younger since I don't want guys to make a move on me and check me out since I'm awkward and all, haha, and I find it rude and downright disrespectful if they do make a move on me and try to hit on me with perverted pick up likes and all.

• It's neither honestly looking older doesn't equal pretty and either does looking younger, except when you're actually old

• I wouldn't see it as bad or good but I think if I had to choose I would say good because I think if you look older then people will take you more seriously and listen rather than treating you like you know nothing, also I've noticed people who look older when they are younger tend to look younger when they are older x

• Wow thanks! You really made me feel better about his whole thing☺️

• You're welcome lovely x

• Bad thing since when you're older you will wish to look younger.

• Thanks for letting me know your thoughts on this one!

• When I was younger I always looked older but now that I'm 19 almost 20 I look younger. Maybe that's how it'll be for you too

• omg that happens to me ALL THE TIME! like im just out somewhere or something and older guys hit on me thinking im like 19 but im only 14!! but personally i think thats a good thing because it usually means u look prettier than ur age, and u will get more attention (if u want that, bc i do! ;P) and also people will treat u with more respect if they think u are older too. so thats also good.

• Basically the story of my life hahaha🙈

• Can relate to that 😳
      This old man who lives near the place I work at asked my boss/friend (he's around 27is) if I was "his girl"
      I kinda freaked out hahaha😂

• haha omg thats so weird but i mean i like older guys so i kinda like looking older