Why do I always run away from arguments?

When I argue with someone and if they keep on arguing, instead of backing up the points I have, I just want to leave the whole situation. I feel like this is a bad thing but I dont know why I do it in the first place.

Most Helpful Girl

• Being non-confrontational is great. It's hard living a life in which you always argue.

But if you always back away from an argument then people won't take your opinions as seriously, because there is no one fighting for it.

What Guys Said 3

• I fear confrontation too.. I am super non-confrontational.. I will actually avoid certain situations with people that I feel like I'll get into an argument with just because I hate when there's a fallout after an argument. I'm trying to get over this because if people know you're like this they will take advantage of it and bash your views because people are assholes I've noticed haha

That and I can't handle people getting angry and defensive.. I'm usually very levelheaded in a debate or discussion but when other people start to raise their voices I think to myself 'omg I'm scared I gotta get outta here' haha which is funny because I'm like 6'5" and have plenty of weight on most people too.

• u just don't like fights... i feel u ;)

• This is a good thing! Most arguments are pointless and stupid, once you look back at them.

What Girls Said 3

• You just don't like confrontation.

• It is bad. The world is a tough place and you should learn to assert your stance on several issues ESPECIALLY if you're interested in politics.

• I do, it's not really a point besides I hate arguing.