Why do people think I'm a gold digger?

Why am I a gold digger? I ask this because this is what a guy said about me. Some guy on the public bus yelled out. that the reason the seat next to me was empty was because I was a gold digger because I didn't talk to any "poor black men". Now people think I'm a gold digger.

I've heard on multiple occasions people saying that I was a gold digger. Even 2 guys were trying to check if I was a gold digger. I was one the bus. I was the only female on it. There were four other males on it. Two guys were talking loudly about how one of them had got a new job. That there were still positions open. One of the guys said how he was making a lot of money. He was also talking about the hours available. The job location was a walkable distance from my house. I was happy to hear that there was a job so close by that apparently had good pay. I didn't show it, but I was jumping around in my head at the possibility of getting a job like that. They eventually stop talking about it. But later when more people got on the bus, I heard them talking again. They were talking lower that time. They were saying that they were surprised how the girl didn't react, how they thought that she was a gold digger. How maybe one of the guys didn't make enough money for her to be interested. How maybe his job didn't impress her. Remember I was the only female at the time on the bus when they were talking about the job. They were talking about me.

I'm a black female. I'm 19. I've never been with a guy. I have no experience dating. I rarely speak to anybody. I'm shy and quiet. I try to keep to myself. I have never used a guy for money. I don't know where people even got that I was a gold digger from. Guys insult me a lot. A lot. There has not been one day that I haven't rode the bus without a guy insulting me. Now they call me a gold digger. Why?

I do not have a lot of expensive looking things.
How am I a lair? This actually happened.

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you have a lot of expensive looking things? If so they could be assuming the only way you could have those things is if you had a man paying for it.

What Guys Said 4

• When you have a very small mind and think that everyone should jump with the thoughts of money like fools in a camp fire then and only then does the empty wagon open it's mouth and spew out a concept that they don't have a clue what it means.

They think as a group becasue there is not one good mind between them and the best and you should reward them. The best they can come up with is "gold digger". Just think what they could do if they only had a brain. If they were not idiots it would be more of a man if they said, "you look lovely today" and give you peace. But the empty wagon must make the most noise.

• You're more of a liar than a gold digger right now.

• I'm sure you're a victim of this elaborate attack that happens every time you ride the bus. Nobody treats people like that; You're looking for validation, reassurance, and an ego boost. Stop seeking attention; You're not a victim of anything.

• LOL you on the public bus, omg what a gold digger.

• http://oi57.tinypic.com/33msnbc.jpg no you're a GOAL digger

What Girls Said 2

• Really... you're going to let what some random guy said to you on a bus upset you?

He probably thought he was flirting with you, when he was actually insulting you. Now since you didn't pay him any attention, he's going to try to make himself feel better by insulting you more.

Seriously... life is too short to let people who really don't matter to you or your life affect you.

• I was quiet in high school and most people assumed it was because I was stuck up but I wasn't. I was simply afraid to mix and mingle with the people I saw. When you are quiet and somewhat attractive - people assume you are stuck up. don't worry about it though. You will find people who understand you as you branch out and meet new people.