Reasons Why Men Do NOT Date Single Moms?

Women always get offended when I explain why I wouldn't date a single mom (I am 25, btw)... especially a single mom between the ages of 19-25. Instead of telling you why I have issues with single moms... I will just show you. Here is a text message from a single mom I was recently talking to (didn't know she was one until the last minute):

Me: What happened to your daughter's dad?

Her: We weren't good for one another. He didn't treat me right and I stopped trusting him after a while because he became very dishonest and started cheating. I just felt like he didn't appreciate me.

Me: If you had so many problems with him... where did your daughter come into play?

Her: I didn't know he was a cheater until after my daughter was born. I felt like I ignored a lot of red flags during our relationship because our sex life covered a lot of our issues.

Conclusion:

THIS IS WHY I do not date single moms. They know the relationship is shit anyway, but they still have a baby with the guy and then start wondering why they are single and why men don't want them.

Since finding out she is a single mom, I'm not talking to her anymore. I don't have time for it.

...

Most Helpful Girl

• You are a very judgmental person.

Of course it's easy for you to judge but you've never been in that situation.
    As someone that's been exposed to a various amount of people, I can stand before you and say, you can know someone for 10 years and STILL not truly know them.
    Some people are good at hiding skeletons in their closet.
    You shouldn't judge someone based on the fact that they found their relationship wasn't ideal for them.

• You're entitled to have a preference but not to ignorantly judge other peoples situations.

• i realize thats why i find it funny when people call people judgmental. it doesn't mean anything

• yes typical women. they do not like just criticism because nothing is their fault

Most Helpful Guy

• I've said this before, but dating a single mom long-term is not only a relationship but also adoption.

What Girls Said 3

• It could be a hassle. Because there's baggage. Like not only do you have to work a relationship with the woman but also with the child. And who's to say one day the baby daddy might show up. That's drama not needed. I'm not knocking single moms or anything, I'm just saying there's risks.

• I'm also trying to get at the root of my reason. If you read the text messages I wrote about... doesn't that woman seem irresponsible to you? i mean... I hear that story all the time with young single moms. She knew he was a bad egg, but she went in anyways...

• Yeah. I see your pov. My mom was a single mother and we struggled a lot because of the dumbest decision to have kids with a freaking retarded irresponsible dead beat. She would tell so many stories about how bad he was when they were growing up. Like there were so many red flags she ignored. And for what reason I don't know.

• So you think abortion would have been better?
      She sounds irresponsible by breaking off from a toxic relationship?

• Dude, but you so totes get a free CapriSun on yr way out.

• I give you respect in the upmost for not fucking and for getting her. im a single mom im not offended and as a Matter of fact i won't date again for the very reason you stated i dont understand past behaviors i have had and untel i do i won't drag my kids or any poor sucker into the Quick sand that is me.

What Guys Said 9

• Im not saying thats the case for all women but for a LOT you are right. Let me tell you a story bout myself. I was dating a girl, she had broke up with her ex, we dated for a week and probably had sex 15 times in that week, then she broke up with me and did the usual "its not you its me"... She said she was dissapointed she wasn't pregnant and this is after we had broken up. Afterwards she got back with her ex, then broke up with him and moved on to another guy... then another.
    Finally said girl got pregnant and they broke up... for what reason I dont know.
    This girl wanted a baby, not a relationship with a man. But just his sperm so she could have a kid. True story.

• Another thing, every girl you talk to will blame the man, pretty much every single one. A lot of women are single mums by choice.

• You were lucky indeed.

• Oh yeah. It's never their fault. The moon shots were fake and 'rasslin is real.

• You say that like that always seems the case, but it's not. Guys have gone through certain lengths to get into someone's pant and when there is an accidental baby, most of the time won't own up to it.

• It's the woman's choice to stay in or not.

• I don't date any type of moms because as long as she is a mom, her kid will always come before me. -.-

If she loves her kid so much, then go marry her kid.

• I'd expect the same from my own wife with our kids, so I just don't understand the logic of your statement. The kids should ALWAYS come first.

• That's for you. Not for me.

• In my ideal marriage, my entire world orbits around my wife and her precious prescence, and so will be the same of me to her.

• Basically look at it like this. There are a lot of women out there so why would you choose one who requires so much extra responsibility right out of the gate? You're not just dating her, you're filling a father role in her kids life. That's a lot to ask for.

• they are just a bad investment for men.

• At my age it would be wishful thinking to find a woman who is not a single mom, and a bit hypocritical sense I have kids. But I completely understand your opinion, its logical.

• I have no issues with single moms but a lot of them push the man away when he wants to actually help them and his kid, so im very careful

• If you don't want to date them, fine. Send them my way. I have no problem with it.

• So do a my take. Why are you posting as a question.