Going through your partner's phone?

My girlfriend boyfriend told her she can't look in his phone anymore...am I the only person who thinks that is f up? My boyfriend can get on my phone whenever he wants because I have nothing to hide and he does the same thing.

Do other couples do this?

Most Helpful Guy

• People need a certain amount of privacy. Nobody is perfect, and if you were TOTALLY honest with anyone, you wouldn't be able to have a healthy relationship.

NEVER go through people's stuff without permission. IMHO, going through people's stuff is one of the worst things that you can do in a relationship. If you do not trust the person who you are with, you tell them. And then if they are not willing to make changes so that you will be able to trust them, then it is up to you whether or not you want to leave them.

People want their privacy for different reasons. Think about it... There are many reasons other than infidelity why he may not want her looking at his phone.

By all means, this probably means something. But you can't use this alone as a reason not to trust someone... Fair enough if he was acting suspicious leading up to him asking her not to look at his phone, but if not, then being bothered by something like this conveys insecurity.