My husband thinks everything is a joke, what should I do?

Ok so if I"m tired, he is 100x more tired than I am. We just had a kid and I'm up all night with the kid but on the weekends he has to have tons of naps and refuse to help with the kid at all. He works 9am-5pm and some times gets off early or comes home for lunch at 11:30am-1pm he has lunch. His job is super relaxing, all he does is computer support. Anyways so he acts like I'm a joke and taking care of a baby and cleaning the house and doing household chores is nothing. Then for everything that makes me mad, like we are suppose to go to church at 5pm but he takes one hour to get ready and we are always super late he blames me for it by making a JOKE out of it. It annoys me and I told him to stop and that I was serious and he replies that with me everything is serious and with him it's just a joke. He always goes "gosh, it's all YOUR fault we are late. you took 2 hours in the bathroom and you took 50 min trying to find a shirt to wear" when in actual it was HIM who did that... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• No that's not right. My ex's dad is kinda like that, and since her mom is gone it was her job to do everything even when she pays him rent... Even working a 9-5 job a person should help, yes they deserve some rest but not just be lazy. If you really feel the way you said you should leave him if you can. You shouldn't go through life with someone who treats you bad and doesn't care about your child. Maybe even pack up and leave for a little while to make him see you are serious, and from the sound of it that he can't take care of himself. I do understand that being a stay at home mom you probably don't have much of your own, and it could be hard. I'm not saying do anything drastic but you can get child support seeing as he's an unfit father. Point is you have two choices. Stay with him and be unhappy, or leave him and try taking care of your child on your own for a while. And if you do decide you want to leave I suggest speaking to a lawyer first so you know how well things would go in court for a divorce and child custody. And as for the joking I've done it to my ex before but on occasion when we would both be able to laugh about it, not disrespectfully. I hope things get better so you and your child may have a better life.

• Agreed. Well said.

• He's the joke taking you for granted I was in your situation and thankfully I ended that relationship as it wasn't going anywhere sit down and talk with him and tell him how you feel and remember you are not a joke