'things have changed!'

What does this mean? 'things have changed'. I am currently at uni with my girlfriend and having been going out for a year, each holiday break,... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• Ouch. She's being pretty brash about it. When someone says "things have changed" or "I feel differently," it means just that: he or she doesn't feel the love anymore, and probably wants out of the relationship. I think your girlfriend can't bring herself to end it because you've been together for awhile and you sound like a nice guy. So instead she's acting bratty and walking all over you (and yes, yelling at you because you questioned her when her ex stayed over IS walking all over you.) She might be trying to get you to do the dirty work of breaking up, or she might just feel really frustrated toward you because she can't do it herself and she feels stuck. I'm sorry if this is too blunt, and I know it's super sucky when these things happen, but honestly when someone is acting the way she is, it is because their mind is made up and there's not much chance of going back. If she wanted to be with you and had some other reason to be acting this way, she would tell you and she wouldn't do hurtful things like saying she feels differently but refusing to explain further. The thing you have to know is that YOU didn't do anything wrong, in fact you did everything you could to make it work. She's still good to you sometimes because she knows this and she probably feels bad about treating you poorly (though that doesn't make it ok, obviously.) Sometimes there's no more explanation other than, well, people change. And sometimes that means growing apart and going separate ways.

Asker upvoted
    • You were right..... Thanks for the advice it has helped! We broke :(

Plenty more fish in the sea I guess