Can you fall in love with someone you haven't met in person?

Dam this is such a long story...

So couple of months ago I met this girl online then went to talking hours on the phone and live chat. We talked about everything and she a had adapted strong feelings for me as I have too.

She has gone through a lot in the past with previous boyfriends and just seems like that has made bad decisions that's all. She told me she deeply loves me which it took only about 4-5weeks and told her I love her too. We have never met since we technically hooked up on the phone on that day.

Its been 9 months now and a lot has gone through in our relationship. The reason why I have waited so long because she wasn't ready for a relationship plus she had always pushed me away cause of not wanting to get hurt again. I have always tried to meeting her one day and show her that she is special and valuable of a women to care and loved by me,[not forcing her at all]but she just keeps lieing to me and coming up with excuses, such as she ain't ready yet and still having mix feelings in which I keep forgiving her again and again and again. No matter what happened I have always been there for her when she was down or someone to talk to...Obviously I wanted to prove to her that I am the man that is willing to be here for her.

Now it hit me that,I have waited so long to realize what I have sacrifice for this girl that I thought I loved was worthless as she continues to push me away. We just recently broke up but she still claims that she loves me. I know that I have not fallen in love with her because obviously our relationship was not real and I have no memories or met her since we met online 9 months ago. How can you love someone if you haven't met that person? Or actually shared any type of contact to spending some personal and quality time together as a couple?

I wish things were different but life's hard. I just wish she gave me the chance to show her the love and respect I had always had for her. But unfortunately now its over...I want to move on but I guess there's that part of me that wants to be with her and give her another chance? And the other part that wants to seek someone else that will love me for who I am?Please in need of HELP!

Love is a BIG word so all comment's much appreciated.

Thanks peps

Most Helpful Girl

• I see this question is a few months old. but I would like to add in my two cents. I have been dating a guy online(long-distance too, 2,500 miles apart and in seperate countries!) for almost a year now. It is possible to love someone over the internet. I'm doing it right now, but there are exceptions. We use the webcam chat for at least seven hours a day(usually 10+), and usually text each other when we're not on webcam. We've met twice so far, and our third meeting will be just before our first year anniversary. Basically, we live in eachother's bedrooms, and cherish every moment we have in person. Our parents have met and get along great, and we've spent a lot of time just relaxing with eachother; watching movies together, being a couple just differently. The lack of touch hurts us both greatly, but we know theat the relationship we've built is strong, and that if we work together not only on our connection and making it through this time apart, we'll be able to tackle anything.

I think the internet is a good way to get to know someone over time, because you spend more time talking and listening rather than making out and snuggling(though we've done quite a bit of that too.) It helps you appreciate the person more when you get to know them first, and then when you get to hold hands with them, and hug them, and be an non-computer couple(not non-real couple, because it is real whether some people believe it or not) the feeling is amazing.

But anyways, I'm having a similar issue as she did, whenever I feel scared or depressed I push him away not only in an attempt to protect myself, but to protect him because I don't want to hurt him by showing how sad or frightened of what's happening. If you want to get back with her, I would say ease up on the pressure(even though you're not forcing her) and just say that when she's ready you can meet and leave it at that. She'll bring it up when she is ready, but if you think it's taking to long, she may not be worth sticking around for. Don't waste your time if you believe the relationship is going no where, but explain your feelings to her as well. Tell her you're ready to meet her and that as much as you want to support her and wait until she's ready to meet, you also feel like you're left hanging in limbo.

Good luck~