Why are women so indirect when all men want is for them to be direct?

Is it me or do you some of you notice this also. Women seem to be indirect about everything they want. I have recently just broken up with a girl. I asked her the following direct questions. Are you confused? What are you feeling? What are you thinking? Why have you been so distant lately?

An example of a direct answer would be:

I really feel that we are not right for each other. I really think you are a good guy but I don't think you are the guy for me.

An example of an indirect answer:

Regardless of what I feel. I did not like the way you acted that day. Just some advice for your future relationships no one is going to put up with that.

The indirect answer also includes little things like still hanging out with the guy even though they really don't want to and doing little things to annoy the guy just to cause some type of confrontation.

So my question is this:

Why is it so hard for women to be give a man a direct answer?

Why must they beat around the bush?

I included a poll so people can vote

Written answers are very much appreciated.

• Vote A I believe most women are direct
  • Vote B I believe most women are indirect

Most Helpful Guy

• As per the questions at the bottom, I think:

1. Girls feel emotions on a whole entirely different level to guys. Some guys may think that rubbish, but it's honestly true for all the girls I know. They see things like how hard it is for guys to come up to them and be vulnerable in saying how they feel about that girl - and they don't want to hurt your feelings (let's face it - it's bloody difficult).

2. They beat around the bush because they want to soften the blow of whatever they want to say. Another reason is that they maybe want to feel that you're listening and are ready to engage them in the current conversation.

Basically, I say it's because they care and analyze everything they do on a level that most guys will never comprehend. They feel every conversation emotionally , and very deeply. Some guys joke and say that a girl will analyze the answer to the question of "What's for supper, darling? " and come up with your having said "Have you finished cooking for me so I can go watch television, and perhaps we can do something. Special. Later. "

They do it to themselves all the time, and it means that if they want to have an easier time of life, they need to be indirect, strange though that may sound.

• Are you saying they are indirect because it makes their life easier?

• Wow that's a major turn of events. Did you console her?

• She gave the hint (hence indirectness) that I wasn't going to have anything with her (nicely) when I told her, then she called later and she was in tears. The surprising thing was that I was okay, yet she wasn't. Couldn't console over the phone easily.