Why are women so indirect when all men want is for them to be direct?

Is it me or do you some of you notice this also. Women seem to be indirect about everything they want. I have recently just broken up with a girl. I... Show More

• Vote A I believe most women are direct
  • Vote B I believe most women are indirect

Most Helpful Guy

• As per the questions at the bottom, I think:

1. Girls feel emotions on a whole entirely different level to guys. Some guys may think that rubbish, but it's honestly true for all the girls I know. They see things like how hard it is for guys to come up to them and be vulnerable in saying how they feel about that girl - and they don't want to hurt your feelings (let's face it - it's bloody difficult).

2. They beat around the bush because they want to soften the blow of whatever they want to say. Another reason is that they maybe want to feel that you're listening and are ready to engage them in the current conversation.

Basically, I say it's because they care and analyze everything they do on a level that most guys will never comprehend. They feel every conversation emotionally , and very deeply. Some guys joke and say that a girl will analyze the answer to the question of "What's for supper, darling? " and come up with your having said "Have you finished cooking for me so I can go watch television, and perhaps we can do something. Special. Later. "

They do it to themselves all the time, and it means that if they want to have an easier time of life, they need to be indirect, strange though that may sound.

• Are you saying they are indirect because it makes their life easier?

• Show Older
    • Wow that's a major turn of events. Did you console her?

• She gave the hint (hence indirectness) that I wasn't going to have anything with her (nicely) when I told her, then she called later and she was in tears. The surprising thing was that I was okay, yet she wasn't. Couldn't console over the phone easily.