• Ask
  • myTake

Why do girls like to dance and why don't guys like to dance?

Why do girls like to dance and why don't guys like to dance? Why do you like or dislike dancing?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

What Girls Said 8

• I don't like dancing. Never have. I'm no good at it and maybe I'm too self-conscious or something, I don't know.

• i don't really like to dance because I don't think I'm very good.

• Girls can get away with bad dancing just because they're girls ( not all. obviously). But guys can make things look VERY awkward. If they wave their body too little, they look stiff. If they do too much, they look either gay, or a freaky pervert.

• Lol this is true which is why I don't dance unless its mexican stuff I know for a fact how to dance to lol

• I am a TERRIBLE dancer so I never dance and get out of it whenever it's possible.As for other girls, I'm not sure.

• i think most girls don't like dancing because they're a little self consious, and it takes time to start dancing in front of people.

• not all girls like to dance. btu me on the other hand, I LOVE LOVE LOVE to dance. not really at parties, but modenr is my favi have a guy friend who likes to dace. so not all guys don't dislike dancing. just depends on the guy/girl

• goto the South! Spanish guys and Latinos are so freakin' good at dancing!i danced with some of them from 10pm to 9am lol<3

• I Lovvvvvvvveeeeeeeeee dancing because it's a fun way to rid my body of tension and stress. It 's also is a way to attract the opposite sex . I've been told that majority of guys don't like to dance because, They feel akward, the moods not right, and/or they think it's lame

• I've tried to dance. I'd like to get better at it because I don't like being the only one at the table babysitting people's stuff. But like you said I feel awkward on the dance floor. I like having a woman close to me when I do try though.

What Guys Said 6

• I absolutely HATE it. I feel really awkward when I do it. Although I am tempted to learn to do "the Carlton" just for a joke. But I'll do it if I have to. Basically, I feel really stupid doing it. I had to dance with my sister for a wedding dance Brother sister dance. Ugh. All that lumbering around like Frankenstein's monster stumbling in a big circle. And I wasn't that great at it either. ;)

• what?I like to dance; it's just that girls don't like to dance with ME!there you go, haha

• Part of the reason women like dancing is actually evolutionary. Basically they're trying to gain the attention of males in the sense of mating dances. Don't believe me? If women want to dance so bad they can do it in a bath robe at home. Instead they get all gussied up and head to a bar or club. Why? To attract men. Furthermore, men are visually stimulated, so women have to appear physically attractive for the most part to get males' attention, hence the movements women typically do men often find erotic. Even if women "just like to dance", guess what, that's because their ancestors that enjoyed doing so happened to pass down their genes better so naturally, over time, women evolved to enjoy the process. Now you know why women like to dance.

• hey homie I love to dance, you just gotta feel the rythm and go with it dance classes are just steps, now girls just dance naturally, if you don't know how to dance go to a club and tell a girl to teach you, that's what I did and I'm pretty good!

• What I'm about to say is actually from a real study.I can't remember the source, but people found that women like dancing because subconsciously, the movements mimic sex. Think about it and you'll see the accuracy in that statement. Dancing is a sensual, erotic, fun, thing for a girl to do without actually having sex.

• Simply put, I can't do it. For my wedding some day, I will get lessons, but that's more for ballroom dancing or something like that, but not until then.