Ladies, If your boyfriend / Husband got fired from work , would you despise him?

I always had the idea in my mind that if for any reason it happens that I loose my job , even if I do my best , then I will loose my worth.. and my near and dear will look down on me.

I am not talking here on someone who has no goals or no will for life.. I i am talking about someone who is trying his best .

• Yes
  • No
Hello, first thank you for your replies , I am not talking about being fired for misconduct or sexual harassment., stealing etc.. I am talking about work related issues.. performance, difference with boss , work stress.. etc

Most Helpful Girl

• My husband lost his job a while back, Making a descent salary . I didn't want to leave him just for that , Things happen. He took jobs here and there , Than a guy who was very successful who owned a dealership focusing on European cars . Asked him to be his lead mechanic , Which lead to him later being partners . The money started rolling in big time, My husband went to college and something totally different than being a mechanic. But because he lost his job, He took a mechanic job at walmart . Everyone said with his talent he could do better than that , But his thing was taking care of his family . Because he swallowed his pride , He learned a lot from working there . With the extra training from his partner , He became an excellent mechanic . His last job that he lost , He made about 60.000 to 68,000 a year . With him being a partner , And fixing mercedes on the side . It took his salary to 80,000 to 95,000 a year,

• God bless you and your family . May you always be in wealth

• thanks

GAG Video of the Day

How To Become A Morning Person

What Girls Said 30

• Women aren't evil, you know.

• I really don't think of women are evil.. at all ...

• I wouldn't be upset. We all make mistakes, a lot of people get fired. If you were trying your best and got fired, well maybe that wasn't the job for you.

I think the biggest challenge when you get fired is to realize that you are not a bad person and you aren't worth nothing. Sometimes the working environment and your own working style just didn't match up. That happens, it's not something you can change.

Maybe it was good that you were fired. Maybe your next job will be the perfect fit!

My mom was fired once, but she eventually got a job with a better environment. She was unhappy at that place, and the people were really rude. They fired her because they didn't want to pay her so much, they wanted someone cheaper. And she was upset when she came home, and I told her it was probably the best thing that could have happened to her (because she was unhappy). And now she is much happier.

• Thank you !

• You're welcome, glad I could help!

• WHAT. Aw... Definitely not! I agree with others that I would be annoyed if he doesn't start looking for a new one. But yeah, during this time, we would should be extra supportive, seeing as our guy was the one fired and that's not a good feeling. Probably help him find a new job too, console his ego (if it at all needs consoling X]) and just be there for him. That's more important. What if it was the other way around? Would you look down on your girl because she lost her job? Hopefully not...

• That is wonderful. And of course I wouldn't look down on her :)

• I would love him and support him regardless and help him pick himself up and find a new job.

• well, it would really depend on WHY he was fired. for example, if he was at his job busting his back every single day and giving 110% and lost his job due to workforce reduction or something like that...then, I would have no hard feelings at all. BUT if he was up there just lazing around and doing absolutely nothing at all and calling his boss every not-nice name in the book...then I wouldn't coddle him when he came dragging through the door moaning about how he had just gotten fired. I'm not saying that I would full-on DESPISE him, but...i definitely wouldn't be happy.

More from Girls
25

What Guys Said 5

• Most wouldn't.

However if he stays unemployed for a long time, they may start feeling differently about him.

It wouldn't have a big short run impact on their emotional state.

• what if he was shocked and needed a week to absorb the shock! Like it really cut into him and needed to absorb it.

• a week is not that long.

• Interesting question. I was encouraged by the responses. There are some understanding ladies on here. I've known of people who's wives/GFs have left them over money issues. That's pretty cold. But at the same time, in the old school mindset, the man is not truly a man if he cannot provide for his family. It sets the table for an interesting conversation about gender roles, and mores specifically what we define as masculinity.

• i doubt if a woman was in a serious relationship with you, she would dump you or despise you for being laid off. as long as you're searching hard for work, and not leaning on her too much for support.

• I just have this feeling that the moment one is down .. then you are a prey to feast on.

• No.

And I don't believe the poll, I bet most women would despise them.

• Never be placed in a position of being fired w/o having a new job in your pocket.

• i can understand that if you are looking for a new job.. but how can you do that when you don't know when you are being fired?

• Even though it harms your resume to jump continuously to other jobs - you WILL find a home that fits, then will promote you + raises, enough so that outside offers become temporarily moot

• A good woman will temporarily understand this, support it ... but not without CASH results soon forthcoming