My girlfriend said she doesn't see a future with me, but she kisses me, says she loves me, sleeps naked with me?

The past few months have been tough with my girlfriend. We are good around each other, but she has been increasingly into her phone, working late at work, and so forth. She said I missed the boat with her and doesn't see a future with me. She says she loves me and care very much. But she wasn't sure her feelings would change.

This last week she has been texting me, saying she is home, that she is going to get groceries if I wants anything. She calls me by my pet name. Lays her head on my chest naked.

We haven't had sex in a while too. Thoughts on us? What can I do to get that lovin' feeling back?

83

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds weird in my opinion. If she doesn't see a future with you, she would probably break up with you asap. So I think there are 2 reasons why she's doing this.
    1. She's still around because she likes the comfort of having a boyfriend, even though she doesn't see a future with you.
    2. She told you that in order to make you a bit stressed, and maybe to make you realize that you should pop the question (because otherwise you'll "miss the boat" with her for real). I mean, you said that she wants it to happen faster than you do, right? So this might be her trying to nudge you towards marriage.

Either way, you should really try to talk to her about it, and ask her why she's still with you if she doesn't see a future with you. Ask her to be honest.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Can I get that lovin' feeling back? How can I miss the boat on something and not be able to get us back?

• After everything else I said, and you mentioned I just need to talk to her. What do you think overall where we are? Not looking good?

• I don't know either of you well enough. So, no comment.

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to have a real talk with her and find out what's going on.

What does it mean to "miss the boat" with her? Why doesn't she see a future there?

To be totally honest, this sounds a LOT like the death rattle of the relationship...

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • We had a chat last night and it is really that she has been distant. But she still kisses me, says she loves me.

• This last weekend we cuddled up and watched a movie.

• It sounds like the lines between platonic love and romantic love are becoming muddled for her.

I just think that the absence of sexual intimacy and the very fact that she told you she doesn't see a future with you are the not-so-subtle signs that it's heading toward a breakup.

That's just my opinion based on what you've told us.