My ex boyfriend sent me a happy birthday message and other messages?

Well, my boyfriend and I have broken up for only about half a month. It was me who asked for the break up. Yesterday was my birthday and I got a text message from him. We're from different countries and maybe because of deleting all his accounts on apps, he sent me a text message. He wrote ''Happy Birthday? I wish you all the best and you will always be in my heart. Yours, xxx'' I don't know what it means. What kind of feelings should I have? I felt surprised at first.

Because I still remembered one of his accounts, I added him and talked to him for a while. Basically just sent him a thank you message. No sweet words, just thank you and best wishes for him. Then he replied immediately and we talked about some things happened in life lately ( not about the break-up but well also about feelings after that..). During the chat, he also sent me a message: ''Hey... if your new life feels well... scary or even a little bad, I can understand that. And you can talk to me about that too, if you want. I mean big changes are often not easy, even if those are good changes.'' What does this mean? Does it mean that he would really want to know my life?

''Regardless of what happened, you are a very important person in my life.'' What does this mean? Does he really think that way? How should I react or feel about this?

''You're a smart, kind and very beautiful young woman... I know you will have a happy future. Just thinking about that makes me feel good.'' What does this mean? Does it mean that he has had guilt and has wanted me to live a happy life?

Nearly the end of the chat, he said again..
''And remember, you can talk to me anytime.''
Then we said good night to each other and I went to sleep.
Guys or girls, could you please tell me what he means? Why a guy would say that after I broke up with him? Does it really mean I'm important in his heart? or he wanted to get back together?
Please answer my confusion.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Could guys answer this question for me too? I really need to understand more.

11

Most Helpful Girl

• The fact that you have to even ask what all that means confuses me because It means he still loves you and wants to be part of you life even if that means as friends.

"... you will always be in my heart." that means he still has feelings for you and also will

the second message was him stating that if you ever need someone to talk to about anything he will be your shoulder to cry on.

''Regardless of what happened, you are a very important person in my life.'' means that you still mean a lot to him and he doesn't want to lose you.

"... Just thinking about that makes me feel good" That means that he knowing you are going to get some where and make something of yourself and knowing that makes him happy because he won't have to worry about you.

TO SUM IT UP: He still has the same feeling for you as he did before and misses you and wants to be an important part of your life again, rather that be just friends or boyfriend.

• Actually, my ex has said before we broke up that he has never thought of only being my "friend." He also said that he has thought again about his life and some part of his inner self has been lost after we broke up. Do you think he wanna get back together?

• To me it sounds like he want's to get back together because my Ex still does this to me every time I talk to him. And after asking him why he keeps saying all these sweet things to me, he's admitted it was because he still loves me and would take me back in a heart beat...

So maybe just ask him why he is being so sweet to you and talking all sweet after everything that happened. :)

• Why are you pondering if he does, if you're the one who broke it off with him?