Do you stalk your ex on social media?

And why?

• Yes
  • No

6377

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm still friends with my exes. And I do not stalk them, if something pops up on my newsfeed I will check it out but that's all.

Most Helpful Guy

• Cavemen would crawl into isolation when they lost love, not eat.. they'd also still try to find their lover long after they'd gone... We're emotional beings at our core... anyone who say they don't keep tabs, who grew up in the digital age, either was in a platonic, blah rel'ship that was more about convenience or just hasn't experienced the kinda love yet that makes ya so happy & scared at the same time that when it ends, ya feel unbearable pain... ya can't help but monitor their social media accounts like a drug addict trying Hold onto what he believes to be the greatest high he'll ever have in his life...

What Girls Said 62

• No. I genuinely don't give a fuck what he's doing. Not out of animosity but we don't talk anymore.

• Nope we were facebook friends but now we're not even that anymore. We kind of got into a small fight which lead to me saying we need to cut ties again and just stop talking to each other completely. Long story short, nobody is going to question my faith or beliefs cause I don't reach their standards. So I told him peace out and good bye. I don't hate him, I have nothing against him and I wish him the best in the world and that God continues to do amazing things in his life. But we just can't click like that anymore.. just can't, sorry.

• I use to do this but all it did was annoy me. So I dont do this anymore. Stalking meaning you have not gotten over the person yet.

• I kind of did when I still had feelings. We've been broken up over a year so no. I still occasionally look on people who used to be in my life pages though

• My sister and I sometimes send each other screenshots of things about our exes (who were brothers). We make jokes and laugh at them, and thats horrible blah blah blah. But the assholes cheated on us and we're petty.

• I don't blame em for cheating on you. And you think they wouldn't cheat on you because you are pretty? Well I can tell you that external beauty isn't all there is to life, he probably saw your nasty attitude.

• I said "petty" not pretty πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• No. Never. I am too busy with my new guy. I do not give a fuck about my one ex!

• No I don't have an ex

• Because we are still friends on facebook and I see his updates on my newsfeed, I check it out. Nothing to be jealous of but just to see what's going on

• Yes , because I'm a curious person. If my ex gets a new girlfriend> I want to see what she looks like. Haha I want to see if he upgraded or downgraded.

• I think when it was still 'fresh' like maybe 1 or 2 months after the break up, I would look on his facebook, just to see if he wrote anything on how he was feeling. After a while, I moved on and forgot about it because I actually felt like a stalker lol.

• He doesn't have any social media. So there is no way to stalk him at. lol

• No cause fuck that bitch he had the best and now I'm gone so why should he deserve my time

• I'm too busy and satisfied in my current relationship to gaf about what he's doing.

• Of course, I want to see him be miserable, what a stupid question.

• I did right after we broke up, like I am talking the next couple days. After a week though, no. I tell myself to be strong and occupy myself with something

• Never lmao what's over is OVER

• No l don't

• Idgaf what he's doing. Not my problem anymore :p I used to... For a few weeks after the breakup. But it was painful. Don't do it.

• Not really

• No that is a waste of time

• Have you? 😏

• Nope it just hurts

• I check up om my boyfriend's exes every now and then tbh

• Once in a while. I moved on but sometimes get curious if he's doing things he said I was stopping him from.

• If you do then clearly you still have feelings for them

• Nope, I'm not friends with any of my exes on social media

• One of my exes follows me on Instagram but I don't follow him back

• No,, I don't mind him,, I'm happy now

• Both of them are blocked. So no.

• Hahah no

• One is still my friend. We broke up because of distance.

The others I kept on social media so they could see how fabulously happy my life is without them ;) I'm a petty person

• More from Girls
    32

What Guys Said 76

• I will be honest, I have. I was in a relationship for a few years and it ended poorly. Not cheating or anything, just parted on bad terms after an argument about finances. I would google her name every now and then when she popped into my mind but I was glad to see her happy and healthy mostly.

• I said no, but to an extent I do. We broke up just a week or two ago, but prior to the breakup their depression and anxiety were worsening so I want to make sure they're safe. Also, I still care deeply for them, and looking at them brings me comfort, but also sadness. I never look up my other exes though, so it may just be a phase.

• I don't have any social media accounts also if I did I wouldn't waste my time on doing that. Way better things to do.

• Stalk is way to strong of a word.

I.. notice them. I dunno. Its weird right? They used to be a huge part of your life, and now they're not. I wanna know how people change.

• One of many reasons I don't bother with social media.

In this instance, I think it actively slows down the process of moving on...

• When I separated with my ex wife. The first thing I did was remove her from social media platforms. Facebook, twitter, instagram, blah, blah, blah. I felt we needed space to deal with our own emotions, and feelings regarding our failed relationship. She was upset, which surprised me. But even before I moved out, I was seeing both of us start posting memes, or shuttle statements directed at each other. I didn't want it played out online.

• I don't have an ex

• Yeah i kind of want her to do well even if she was a bitch to me. And also want to see if she ever learns from her ways before.

• I did for awhile, but no not anymore.

• No - A person needs to move on to the next phase of their life

• Just curious who she's ending up with

• im kind of sapiosexual and most of the girls i know are not really the kind of girls that truly attract me tbh so i dont think i have a crush yet

• no because what's the point? she's part of my past , nothing she does should affect my future in any way.

• Depending on how the relationship ended, and if we are still able to be friends, or if my ex is a vitriolic type of person, I will often block/ban so they can't cause any more damage in my life, and put them out of sight and mind.

• I block all of them

• Nah, never talked to an ex after a relationship let alone worry about them

• Nope. Trust her enough to let her say what she wants over social media.

• No that's petty

• i did have a habit of that a few years ago, but I broke it.

• Nah. I don't care what she's doing, but I heard from my friends that's she's with an awful guy now.

• I block them, I don't want to remember what I was like.

• Nope. I'm not concerned with their life.

• I don't understand her. 😐

• Nah, I got better shit to do.

• No..

• I wish

• Don't have oneπŸ˜‚

• Half of girls say yes,2/3rds of guys say no. Interesting

• I don't even know if she's still alive.

• Yes, because I love her, and I want to make sure she's okay.

• Im do not stalk nobody.

But like occasionally (time to time) more for curiosity than anything i check the profile.
    The same way i "caught" a ex checking mine (her roomate told a friend and this friend (my co-worker) told me. lol

• More from Guys
    46