Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|2

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes and no!

I'm not the kinda person to spy other people on social media, and I don't do that to most of my previous partners, 'cause why would I, but then there's this one ex that's an exception. I didn't use to cyber stalk him but then I realized he was doing it to me and that we both still had feelings for each other. Our break up was due to a stupid misunderstanding during an argument and I think we've both been too proud to admit our mistakes and talk it trough, even though we still want to be with each other. So I guess we've both been on the fence of saying something, making something happen, and we're going back and forth about contacting/trying to figure out if we should get back together, and just cyber stalk each other to see how the other one is doing, not ready to let go just yet.

1|0
    0|0
    • This is kind of similar to my situation. How long did you guys date? And what social media accounts do you stalk him on?

Most Helpful Guy

• Cavemen would crawl into isolation when they lost love, not eat.. they'd also still try to find their lover long after they'd gone... We're emotional beings at our core... anyone who say they don't keep tabs, who grew up in the digital age, either was in a platonic, blah rel'ship that was more about convenience or just hasn't experienced the kinda love yet that makes ya so happy & scared at the same time that when it ends, ya feel unbearable pain... ya can't help but monitor their social media accounts like a drug addict trying Hold onto what he believes to be the greatest high he'll ever have in his life...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 62

• I'm still friends with my exes. And I do not stalk them, if something pops up on my newsfeed I will check it out but that's all.

1|2
    0|0
  • I kind of did when I still had feelings. We've been broken up over a year so no. I still occasionally look on people who used to be in my life pages though

0|1
    0|0
  • I think when it was still 'fresh' like maybe 1 or 2 months after the break up, I would look on his facebook, just to see if he wrote anything on how he was feeling. After a while, I moved on and forgot about it because I actually felt like a stalker lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because we are still friends on facebook and I see his updates on my newsfeed, I check it out. Nothing to be jealous of but just to see what's going on

0|0
    0|0
  • My sister and I sometimes send each other screenshots of things about our exes (who were brothers). We make jokes and laugh at them, and thats horrible blah blah blah. But the assholes cheated on us and we're petty.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't blame em for cheating on you. And you think they wouldn't cheat on you because you are pretty? Well I can tell you that external beauty isn't all there is to life, he probably saw your nasty attitude.

• I said "petty" not pretty πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• I use to do this but all it did was annoy me. So I dont do this anymore. Stalking meaning you have not gotten over the person yet.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. I genuinely don't give a fuck what he's doing. Not out of animosity but we don't talk anymore.

3|1
    0|0
  • Yes , because I'm a curious person. If my ex gets a new girlfriend> I want to see what she looks like. Haha I want to see if he upgraded or downgraded.

2|0
    0|0
  • No. Never. I am too busy with my new guy. I do not give a fuck about my one ex!

1|0
    0|0
  • No cause fuck that bitch he had the best and now I'm gone so why should he deserve my time

2|1
    0|1
  • If you do then clearly you still have feelings for them

3|1
    0|0
  • Just wanna know if his life is better than me or not now:))

2|0
    0|0
  • Idgaf what he's doing. Not my problem anymore :p I used to... For a few weeks after the breakup. But it was painful. Don't do it.

1|1
    0|0
  • Of course, I want to see him be miserable, what a stupid question.

2|0
    0|1
  • I did right after we broke up, like I am talking the next couple days. After a week though, no. I tell myself to be strong and occupy myself with something

0|0
    0|0
  • Too painful I guess you will have a few moments when you wanna look but you start to realize it just causes you more pain blocking is always the way to go for me unless the breakup was a mutual decision

0|0
    0|0
  • One is still my friend. We broke up because of distance.

The others I kept on social media so they could see how fabulously happy my life is without them ;) I'm a petty person

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm too busy and satisfied in my current relationship to gaf about what he's doing.

1|0
    0|0
  • I check up om my boyfriend's exes every now and then tbh

0|0
    0|0
  • He doesn't have any social media. So there is no way to stalk him at. lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I do only because I want to see what he does when he has the kids on his days

1|2
    0|0
  • Nope we were facebook friends but now we're not even that anymore. We kind of got into a small fight which lead to me saying we need to cut ties again and just stop talking to each other completely. Long story short, nobody is going to question my faith or beliefs cause I don't reach their standards. So I told him peace out and good bye. I don't hate him, I have nothing against him and I wish him the best in the world and that God continues to do amazing things in his life. But we just can't click like that anymore.. just can't, sorry.

0|0
    0|0
  • Once in a while. I moved on but sometimes get curious if he's doing things he said I was stopping him from.

0|0
    0|0
  • Considered it, but blocked them because I can be just as happy by myself.

0|0
    0|1
    • That's interesting to hear. A girl at college seemed to be interested in me, bothered me though. And when I told her to stop that, she's been the one blocking me on facebook. Although I doubt she'd ever known I'd once have looked at her profile. Or can you see that?

• If people block you, you can't see their profile soooo.

• I just think she might have facebook stalked me

• Nope, I'm not friends with any of my exes on social media

0|1
    0|0
    • One of my exes follows me on Instagram but I don't follow him back

• I've never stalked any of my exes on social media, except for the latest one.

0|0
    0|0
  • no i cud careless, life is to short to waiste on a person that cheats

1|0
    0|0
  • No my time is too precious. I have my own life to focus on.

0|0
    0|0
    • You're a girl it's easy for you

• It wasn't in the beginning. But I learnt to move forward with my life because looking back would be painful.

• Was never in a relationship, but I do with my crush, and if I had an ex the no I wouldn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause he has a better more exciting life then me with a much hotter girlfreind

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 76

• I will be honest, I have. I was in a relationship for a few years and it ended poorly. Not cheating or anything, just parted on bad terms after an argument about finances. I would google her name every now and then when she popped into my mind but I was glad to see her happy and healthy mostly.

0|0
    0|0
  • I said no, but to an extent I do. We broke up just a week or two ago, but prior to the breakup their depression and anxiety were worsening so I want to make sure they're safe. Also, I still care deeply for them, and looking at them brings me comfort, but also sadness. I never look up my other exes though, so it may just be a phase.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I separated with my ex wife. The first thing I did was remove her from social media platforms. Facebook, twitter, instagram, blah, blah, blah. I felt we needed space to deal with our own emotions, and feelings regarding our failed relationship. She was upset, which surprised me. But even before I moved out, I was seeing both of us start posting memes, or shuttle statements directed at each other. I didn't want it played out online.

0|0
    0|0
  • Stalk is way to strong of a word.

I.. notice them. I dunno. Its weird right? They used to be a huge part of your life, and now they're not. I wanna know how people change.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. I'm not friends with her anymore so I never see what she's up to, and sometimes I get curious about what's she's doing. Don't really want to be friends again. I just think it would be awkward, even after a few years being apart.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depending on how the relationship ended, and if we are still able to be friends, or if my ex is a vitriolic type of person, I will often block/ban so they can't cause any more damage in my life, and put them out of sight and mind.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have any social media accounts also if I did I wouldn't waste my time on doing that. Way better things to do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im do not stalk nobody.

But like occasionally (time to time) more for curiosity than anything i check the profile.
    The same way i "caught" a ex checking mine (her roomate told a friend and this friend (my co-worker) told me. lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah i kind of want her to do well even if she was a bitch to me. And also want to see if she ever learns from her ways before.

0|0
    0|0
  • One of many reasons I don't bother with social media.

In this instance, I think it actively slows down the process of moving on...

0|0
    0|0
  • Theirs something called string attached like in this picture

0|0
    0|0
  • im kind of sapiosexual and most of the girls i know are not really the kind of girls that truly attract me tbh so i dont think i have a crush yet

0|0
    0|0
  • no because what's the point? she's part of my past , nothing she does should affect my future in any way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Half of girls say yes,2/3rds of guys say no. Interesting

0|1
    0|0
  • i did have a habit of that a few years ago, but I broke it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No - A person needs to move on to the next phase of their life

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah. I don't care what she's doing, but I heard from my friends that's she's with an awful guy now.

0|0
    0|0
  • I block them, I don't want to remember what I was like.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, never talked to an ex after a relationship let alone worry about them

0|0
    0|0
    • Nope. Trust her enough to let her say what she wants over social media.

• Just following up to know whats new and which douch got attached to herπŸ™ŒπŸ˜‚

0|0
    0|0
  • If they looked like that girl in the picture on the post hell yeah haha she is insanely beautiful

0|0
    0|0
  • No but in real life I did. Got locked up for it. Not worth it

0|0
    0|0
  • just to make sure she gonna find the best bad guy suitable for her

0|0
    0|0
  • wanna see how she is down after loosing a real man :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, because I love her, and I want to make sure she's okay.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck that bitch I have better things to do with my time

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really, unless you broke it off on common ground.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just curious who she's ending up with

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have an ex

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't even know if she's still alive.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes