Should I follow my ex on Instagram?

So, there's this guy. We were together for three years. I was deeply in love with him, but struggling with a lot of issues when we were together. So we broke up. It was mutual and mostly amicable. We wished each other the best, said we loved each other, and said goodbye.

It'll be a year since we broke up soon. Contrary to what every one said I'd feel by now, I still love him as if I saw him yesterday. I don't know how he feels, but I'm told he's single.

I'm not sad. I don't cry about it, and haven't for a while. I do miss him, but I date other guys. I go through the motions of moving on, but I still feel like he's the one I'm meant to be with.

Instagram recently suggested him to me from my contacts. I'm tempted to follow him, but I haven't really made nearly as many changes in my life as I would like. Is it a dumb idea to add him? If so, should I keep working on me and keep hoping we'll connect again one day, or should I keep working on me and try to forget him?

92

What Guys Said 2

• Look once you break up with somebody I strongly advice you cut all connections with him coz there is no good could ever come from watching him or being friends with him , you failed together as a couple so you would never succeed as anything else , just keep him out of ur life it will even make you forget him faster

• If u are planning to move on.. Then no..

What Girls Said 9

• I was in a similar situation. I ended up following my ex on facebook a few months after we broke up. Sometimes, I hated that decision because I see him living his life without me. But nowadays, I am kind of grateful because I never realized how cheesy he came off on facebook. I still see him from time to time at common interest events and seeing him trying to flirt with girls and just do that whole front that I fell for, I feel like I know better now. A part of me will always cherish that time we had together. But the rest of me is thankful to just grow.

• I dont think so not yet at least. I feel like it would only make your desire grow

• Keep working on yourself.
    Do not follow or add him anywhere.
    Like u said...
    If u really are meant to be... it will happen.
    Following him would be like trying to get him back.
    Just focus on yourself.
    Cz maybe u feel that way about him but it's not necessary he still feels the same.
    N getting in contact with him with any kind of hope may actually worsen it for u.

• Don't do it. Don't give in.

• dont gaf girl. Just follow the guy, it ain't a big deal. WOrk on you alwaysssss!!! but ya know it ain't a big deal if you follow him. Now if u stalk his page DO NOT like a photo from hella weeks ago. ONce i was mad lurkinnn on this one dudes page and accidentally liked a photo from 122w ago. that where you go wrong lmfaoooo. but if he does so happen to follow you back, dont rush into things so fast, take it slow. If its meant to be IT WILL BE remember that.

• but at the same time, if you have to question whether or not u should do it... maybe you shouldn't. seeing him can make you give in. sometimes u gotta take time and be distant until u are at a place where u can completly be certain of your feelings.

• Don't waste your time on thinking about him that much if there's no clear sign from him that would show an interest in reviving your relationship. Try to move on, do not follow him. But if despite the time passing you will keep in mind that thought "We are meant to be together" maybe try to contact him and tell him about your feelings? To see if he feels the same.

• Definitely don’t follow him, if you see his pictures or keep in contact it’s gonna be impossible to ever get over him

• It's not a dumb idea, but it's depends on how would you react looking into his profile. I mean yes, you can follow him to see if he's fine and everything, but I think you shouldn't. Because you'll of course remember of the times you had with him and that feeling of he being the only one meant to be with you would continue. It's sad, but we have to move on.

• No don't