Should I text my ex this? It's been two weeks.

He broke up with me because I was crazy over little things and he was sick of it and sick of hearing me apologize and not change anything. Our breakup was a mess --- I wouldn't let him leave my house, and when he texted me later that day to dump me, I said please never contact me again along with mean accusations. My friends and family got involved and contacted him to get my Christmas gift back, and some weird kid posted a photoshopped pic of my ex on his Facebook --- of course I made sure every post was deleted from my ex's wall immediately.

It's been two weeks and I have not done anything to contact him. He has ALWAYS cared for me very, very much and he has always wanted to be with me but he kept telling me that he needs me to change the way I freak out or he'll have no choice. He said he loves everything about me but this and I know I hurt him when I told him to never contact me agian...

Now I feel bad. I know I have a lot to work on and I know that I messed up and I feel terrible for what I did to him after how patient he was with me. I'm working on myself and I'm in a good place and I just want to be his friend again. I don't want a relationship at ALL in my life, but I don't want to lose his friendship.

I was thinking of texting him on Friday (It'll be the 2 week breakup mark then) and saying "Hey. I'm so sorry for everything that happened last month. I didn't mean what I said that night and you did not deserve it by any means. I know that I have so much to work on and I'm sorry for the things I did. I know why I acted that way and I'm in a better place now than I was. I would love to start over and be friends and catch up sometime."

Should I say that? I'm not looking to get back together right now. I don't need a relationship right now, I'm working on myself. But I miss my best friend... So would it be good to text him that this week?

69

Most Helpful Girl

• No, don't send him anything. Leave him alone. Two weeks is not enough time, and it seems you've been struggling to make it these two weeks since You've obviously been counting down the days to when it seems acceptable to contact him. Well Friday is not that day. It makes you seem like you're trying to apologize again to do the same thing to him again in the future. If you couldn't be a good girlfriend to him, you definitely can't be a good friend..

The problems you have are about you and personal things you need to work on. The great part about this is that you've already come to this conclusion on your own and that's the first step. You can't do that while you're still trying to focus on him. Although you're saying you only want to be friends with him, is that because you really don't want to be with him? Of because you realize you've finally pushed him to a breaking point and you know he won't consider a relationship with you? Be honest, would you get back with him if he forgave you again? If he agreed to friendship, would you be hurt if he got another girlfriend? My point is that I don't think you WANT to be just friends, I think you're willing to agree to that in hopes that you'll get back into his good graces.

Like I said in the beginning, leave him alone. You contacting him this soon will only push hi further away. Although it isn't what you want to hear, and I wish there was a nicer way to say it, it looks desperate and clingy. And you seem to be on the slippery slope to being the labeled "The Crazy EX". Just move on, it seems hard, but you'll do it. Maybe somewhere down the line, you can apologize to him, but not anywhere in the near future.