Guys, would you date a girl with daddy issues?

If you knew she had daddy issues and it was very obvious but otherwise she was everything you wanted, would you date her? Not talking about myself lol, just curious.
  • Yes
  • No
  • Results
    Vote C

1152

Most Helpful Guy

• Been there, done that, got the tee shirt. Daddy issues are not about a girl wanting a man to be her "father" as most who are not in the know assume. It is not about a man pretending to have relations with a 12 year old girl either. It is more about the girl being cared for in a way where she can put life responsibilities aside in those moments they share together. It's a place where she is free to let go of work and worry and feel like a pampered princess. Her Daddy is usually also an authoritarian and puts her in check when she gets out of hand. So, there is a bit of check and balance. The girl does not have to be some dysfunctional teen who's father neglected her, but is often a woman with heavy responsibility in the workforce seeking a place where responsibilities are handled for her. If she is younger and pre-educated / pre- career she is often still confident and strong and seeking a place she can let go of that stress and be timid and docile. He does not have to be older than her, but is rarely younger. He is a man that is confident and strong and makes her feel safe. He wants to treat her very special and make her happy which often leads to her naturally behaving a bit spoiled. Exit cuddly Daddy, enter no nonsence Daddy. Often a look or a phrase will send shivers down her spine and get her right back in line as his perfectly playful little princess. However, sometimes her feminine nature kicks in and she can't help but push back. It seems in times like this she really craves a firm hand from him. There is something very therapeutic about a good hard cry for her. It can be a wonderfully rewarding experience for both due to the very loving, tender and playful aspects of this type of relationships. This dynamic offers a way for a couple to seemingly breeze through ordinary difficulties. They don't suffer harsh fights and periods of silence that modern couples do. They both not only accept their specific roles, but actually crave them. This unigue chemistry has a way of ending the power struggle between a man and his woman and ends up being a very rewarding experience for them both. I have seen a lot of negative responce to this type of question in the past from people who have this negative association to incest or pedophilia. I hope this explaination shines a healthier, more accurate light on this type of relationship. Now you see when I say I've been there and done that, I actually do not only own but where the tee shirt free from shame.

Most Helpful Girl

• Almost everyone has "issues" regardless of where they originate from. It would just depend on how they handle themselves and their issues honestly.