Boyfriend gets mad when guys flirt with me?

whenever i tell him a guy is flirting with me on fb, insta or when im out with friends, he gets quite mad about it. why is this so? also does this mean he loves me or?

Most Helpful Guy

• He is being protective of you and he doesn't want to loose you to another guy. So he will keep being mad and jealous of other guy's flirting with you. It shows he cares about you.

• Thank you very much for selecting my answer as the most helpful opinion.

What Guys Said 11

• I love watching guys try and flirt with my girlfriend while I just sit there and watch her annihilate their ego. I don't even make it known that I'm the boyfriend lol.. It's just sort of a moment in my head of "yeah bitch walk away.. she's all mine.." My girlfriend can handle random dudes hitting on her. If I had to worry about something like that, then she wouldn't be my girlfriend. If it got to the point of a guy making her uncomfortable then that's when I step in. Your boyfriend sounds insecure.

• It's ok to a certain extent. But anymore than that it starts to have a negative effect. Jealousy and being controlling has it's limits

--> the right amount signifies that he cares and might even light your fire a little. Too much and he quickly will seem like a nutcase

• yeah he tells me to block them.. is that too much or? i mean i dont mind coz i dont care about those guys

• Block them, humm depends if you are friends with them or plan to get to know them in the future. If so. Then no don't do that

If it's just random guys. Then sure I don't see why not --> unless it will create a negative vibe with people in your circle or people you associate with

• Depends on how it's dealt with for me. I'd just laugh it off most of the time knowing she'd want nothing to do with them. If she's flirting back I'd get mad. It means he's possessive over you and wants you all to himself.

• He wants you for himselffff keep him girl

• It could mean he's a tad insecure of how you would react... or he's being protective of whether you would get offended...

• Why the fuck would you tell him that shit

• Took my words (verbatim)

• wouldn't you want your partner to tell you whats happening? like whos flirting and shit like that

• something like that, where there is no benefit of sharing that information and will only cause tension and distrust is not worth the honesty.

• Maybe he had a bad experience in the past and felt that he couldn't protect someone or something he really cared about.
    It feels bad because he may not know what is happening in the other side.

Well, unless he gets manipulative. That's when you should consider running away as an option.

• Come on it's obvious. He clearly cares about you and he doesn't want to lose you to anyone else. Also he can be jealous

• Wait till a girl flirts with him xD

• Because it's annoying to hear that when we already know it happens often if you're good looking, we don't need to be informed of it everytime it happens

• Stupid question

• umm why is it stupid

• Why do you think he is your boyfriend if he doesn't love you?

• It depends on how mad he gets and whether these guys even know she has a boyfriend. Kinda dumb getting mad at a random guy for trying.

What Girls Said 9

• Mine does the same, in fact he's normally sitting right next to me when I'm on social media, so he sees what's going on. He knows that I don't respond back to them which as a girlfriend, wife is what you should be doing, unless you want to start a huge argument or something.

For your situation since he does get mad about the flirting from other guys. Just try to make sure he knows that you are neither responding or doing anything to initiate the flirting.

• Aww.. it's normal.. we all get jealous sometimes. It means that he know you have options out there and it might worry him a bit.. shows that he cares though as long as he doesn't get crazy psycho jealous. But honestly you shouldn't tell him if it's upsetting him.

• I get it's a territorial thing but if you're not doing anything back it shouldn't be a problem at least that proves he has a girl worth something. He might think you're gloating ab it but I tell those things out of trust. Yes he has strong feelings for you but tell him not to get jealous he just wants you all to himself

• Well he's not going to be happy about it is he?

• Mine is the same but i find it cute.

• He is your boyfriend so why entertain flirting with other guys? How about you, how would you feel if he does that to you as well?

• Why do you even tell lmao

• He is write to feel so, I would get mad too

• Well, he isn't going to be happy about it. Guys are flirting to steal his girl away.
    As long as you aren't doing something in return to get the attention, I do not see the problem.

If he gets mad, it is because he genuinely has feelings for you. Regardless of if he has told you he loves you, or not.

You should try talking to him about it, but don't come off as being mean, come off as playful and mention that he the only guy you want/need. It reassures him and his masculinity.