Are there really men who take care of and spoil their girlfriends, out there?

Is it a fairytale? Or is it a fact that there are "Knights in Shining Armor" who take care of and spoil their woman like queens? If so, I sure would like to find one, just to feel special and find out what I have been missing my whole life. I have always made everyone around me feel special, gone above and beyond for them, and never got the same in return. Meanwhile, I have friends whose boyfriends/fiance's/husbands treat them like queens, give them whatever they want, spend lavishly on them, etc... I know this because they're always flaunting pictures of those things on social media. In the meantime, my ex-boyfriend didn't even want to give me a ride to school one time while my mother was out of the country and I was broke, because in his own words "he wasn't a taxi cab." I was shocked when I heard this coming from him.

Are there still men like this out there?

744

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, it's every guy who never talks in public. I haven't seen any of the responses here but I assume most of them are "yes, that man is ME". Being truly altruistic isn't easy and everyone thinks that they are Jesus for once gifting something to someone.

Short answer: yes but they're not here or anywhere online and they'll never tell you that they're altruistic.

P. S. I think that your friends flaunt their lives to you not because the have such wonderful things, but because they want to have them and have you envy them for it. It's a status move many women in my life do.

• Where are these guys at?

These girls definitely do have wonderful things since I know them personally. Even her boyfriend posts on Facebook the stuff he buys for her.

• In real life, probably at some nerdy club. Like a chess club or whatever. You cannot be too up-front as they are most likely shy people. Find a hobby that you can tolerate or even enjoy and meet some kind people.

• Do you believe that women should be reciprocating spoiling behavior by spending money on the man as well? It seems like lots of guys on here are butt-hurt about the fact that women want to be spoiled and believe that every woman who wants this is a gold digger. What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Read what she said, she said she does everything for the guy and he doesn't give in return, so thus she's always been in a give relationship where she's the only one giving.

I know how you feel. Though i've experienced both. I would do everything for my friends and never got anything in return, sometimes it would bother me cause it would make me wonder about our friendship but other times it didn't bother me cause I it was their choice. I met this guy and he would take me out on dates and do a bunch of things for me, he was a really sweet, so they are out there. I however ended up with my ex who would do nothing for me. I always got him birthday and Christmas gifts, he would get me nothing, i'd make him breakfast in bed sometimes, always make food, always clean, always do everything and i'd get nothing in return. I'd be the one always paying and taking him out. It really broke my heart and i even told him about it and was crying, he felt sorry for me for a few minutes and said he'd start doing things for me and then was over it quickly and went back to doing what he was doing. My parents had the kind of relationship where they used to do things for each other, spoil each other and make each other feel special. That's the kind of relationship I want and I think you shouldn't give up on finding it.

• It really pisses me off that some guys on here don't seem to understand why it is that I feel this way.
      I want to be spoiled because I've never been spoiled before and all my friends seem to have no problem finding guys like that.

One guy on here even said that I'll get bored of a guy who spoils me. Little does he know how you and I both feel.

• Some guys are idiots, don't listen to them. He probably treats his girl badly and would feel guilty if he didn't say you'd get bored. My parents have been happily married for more than 20 years and I see most people say that the guy has to be rich well my parents were and aren't rich, yet they'd still use the little money they had to spoil and keep each other happy and if they didn't have money they'd go out or take each other to places that need no money