What is the woman's job when it comes to dating and courtship?

In society, its always been said that its the man's job to approach, ask out, and pay for the dates so what's the woman's job in dating? Don't say dress for the date because guys also do that too, don't say give thanks for the evening out because if its already the man's job to treat then there's no thanks to give.

Lol this is just a question. A lot of triggered people on here

48103

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, to each our own, but I'm against the idea of letting someone else open their wallet for me when I am perfectly capable of doing so myself. If I do not have a wallet to open, then I do not have a date to attend. So, you can scratch that off your list of "job" duties.

Anyway. If I've agreed to go on a date with someone, then my "job" consists of:
    - Arriving at the specified time and location.
    - Being dressed according to the setting, with a slight emphasis on looking more presentable than I do in my day-to-day life.
    - Being courteous and engaging in conversation with my date, with the intent of getting to know my date better and letting him know me better. Basically, facilitating a verbal exchange of personal information with the goal of finding commonalities.
    - That having gone on for reasonable amount of time, my duty is then to cover my own expenses, bid my date farewell, and leave.

That's still how it's done, right?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. I think that if you begin by describing our roles as "jobs," it distorts the entire discussion. Dating and courtship are purely voluntary matters.

2. Each of us has the right to determine for ourselves what our roles in dating and courtship will be. If our putative partner does not accept the role we define for ourselves, they are free to move on to the next
    "contestant."

3. Relationships are frequently not symmetrical, balanced, or equal. There is no reason why they should be. The valid questions to ask in a relationship are a) am I getting what I need from this relationship? and b) am I paying am excessive price for what I am receiving? If you are not getting what you need, or the price is too heavy, you are free to move on to the next relationship.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I have to approach the girl, I have to ask her out, I have to plan the date. I have to... That's my "job" even if the term job isn't perfectly right.
      Yes, I could decide not to, but I can't decide to go to the next contestant, because there is none, if I don't do these things. If I didn't do these things I wouldn't have a single date yet. I can only decide to do the part that is expected, or staying alone forever. So, yes, if I want to date, I as a man have a "job" to do.

• People meet and start relationships wherever and whenever, e. g. they meet at a common hobby and start a relationship somewhat later, without dating. You are right so far.
      In my case however, and in the case of many other, this might not happen, after all, it's a game of chance, if you don't actively look for a relationship.
      After 25 years of absolutely nothing I got tired of waiting and initiated dating. It just didn't happen in another way. (with a single exception two years later, which didn't work out)
      Personally I'm a very very reserved person and that reduces my chances of randomly meeting someone special significantly. I just don't approach people as much as others do, don't meet as many as others. But I'm sure there are many more who don't find anyone elsewhere, who have to date.

• @Sucram, I do understand the problem. Virtually all my relationships and sexual encounters have been facilitated only by my willingness to achieve life-threatening states of intoxication. Moreover, all the relationships that these extreme measures yielded have turned out to be disastrous and the sexual encounters unremarkable. The only meaningful relationships (including friendships) I've had have only occurred in the last 5 years and all have been with people encountered online and who live in different countries to myself.