Is dating IRL easier than Tinder?

I'm so confused why I'm struggling to get any dates or even matches on Tinder, especially since I'm not presenting myself as just a hookup. I'm fairly certain that my lack of matches can't be due to my appearance because I'm tall and athletic with a mostly symmetrical face. Plus, I've been told that I'm attractive by people online and IRL. For example, on Photo Feeler, I'm considered to be in the top 20%. Additionally, I'm aware that I turn heads and often receive extended eye contact when I'm outside walking about or exercising.

Besides physical attraction, a lot of people seem to find me really humorous, but that didn't seem to help me either when texting on Tinder. The women would laugh a lot initially, but would ghost me a couple of days later. Also, I don't think I'm too bad at flirting. Sometimes I might over do it, but it's usually really smooth.

However, I have crippling social anxiety along with all the other symptoms of Asperger's syndrome, so it's hard for me to approach and interact with people irl, women and even men. There were many occasions where I decided to help out some women who were struggling with heavy objects or just interact with women in the most boring way, and all they would do is giggle at me the entire time. That always makes me very nervous, and all I end up doing is just smile and nod... I feel like an idiot😅

Anyway, if you could shed some light on my confusion and struggles, feel free to comment below :)
Photo Feeler results
Photo Feeler results
Some of the Photo Feeler comments suggests that I come across as arrogant or that I should have a different pose🤷‍♂️

How's my bio?
How's my bio?
I'm living in Switzerland. People here speak German, French, or Italian--and many speak some English. Maybe the language barrier is the issue?
Oh damn, I forgot to cover up my real name...😒🔫

811

Most Helpful Girl

• How is tinder viewed in your country? If it is viewed as a hookup app, most users will be looking for hook ups. You presented yourself like you're looking for someone special. If You and most users are not looking for the same thing, then the likelihood of you getting a match is decreased.

• I don't think the Swiss view it as a hookup app. Then again, who knows how the Swiss really think lol. Thanks for your advice!

Most Helpful Guys

• I agree with the general consensus on this one. Tinder can be great for women but not so great for men unless you're flexing eyecatching superficial things like wealth, good looks, great social life, etc.. And sure there's still a small chance of something working out but most likely nothing for the long term. Also, tinder is all about first impressions. I found that girls would swipe right more If I had something funny or relatable as my bio. If you want more advice about tinder I'd suggest watching "Based Zeus" (if you haven't already) on youtube. He knows what he's saying!

I don't use tinder anymore and I'd advise trying to speak to people irl vs tinder. This is coming from the person that used to get anxiety when walking to the mailbox xD. But Tinder can be a waste of time if you're on 24/7. While in public, I know that gut-wrenching anxiety feeling that arrives when around strangers. But the feeling you get afterward is very rewarding! I tell myself, "If I can do that, I can do anything!"

I found that when I'm not out looking for relationships, they often will present themselves. That's how I feel now. I'm not chasing anyone. There may come a time in my life where I will want one. But I wanna make sure I can provide for my girl. And rn... I really can't xD

• Haha thanks man! That's really solid advice. I appreciate you sharing your personal experience :)

• Yeah man, no problem! If you ever wanna talk more about it feel free to message me anytime 👌

• According to statistics, online dating favors women. The guys choose who gets approached when it's in person, and get to show themselves off. But online, all guys are considered thirsty, and the women always get a matches, so they just choose whoever they find the most attractive out of all them to talk to, and the rest are either unmatched or never replied to