A guy kissed me at the club without my permission and my boyfriend is still bothered by it when the topic of cheating comes up, what do you think?

I was out clubbing with my friends and this older guy who was talking to me made me feel uncomfortable and kept touching my waist and I made indications that I didn’t want him but he just suddenly went in for a kiss. I felt incredibly uncomfortable about it and my friends pulled me out of the situation when they saw what was going on. I text my boyfriend about what happened right away he’s mad of course, he said he wasn’t mad at me just disappointed that he couldn’t be there to protect me. 6 months later he’s still kinda bothered by it when we came to a discussion about a friend we know who cheated and he brought it up as though I had cheated on him.

So was it cheating or was it sexual assault? Because to me it’s like he sees it as cheating even though he says he know it wasn’t and says “but still kissed another guy”. When he kissed me which I didn’t initiate and still feel disgusted by just thinking about the memory, makes me wanna gag.
  • Cheated
  • Unintentional cheating
  • Sexual assault
    Vote C
  • Neither cheating nor sexual assault, but wasn’t your fault
    Vote D

815

Most Helpful Guys

• that is assault and I hope our society can move past the point where this is okay, or people are quick to judge the victim- for instance saying you were too sexy and he failed to control himself..

Also, if your boyfriend is still actively upset over this, he needs to grow up. Being upset about this happening is of course understandable. but, being upset months and months late shows some weird hang ups, or a complete lack of the troubles the average woman deals with on a daily basis

• Rest assured, you didn't cheat on him, and I'd consider it assault. All sorts of stuff happens at clubs- I've been groped in the crotch by drunk women before (I didn't complain about it because the other guys would have made fun of me).

Most Helpful Girl

• It was not your fault and yes it was an assault. It can happen any where any time. Like someone on public bus can come and kiss you. You can't avoid that, it is not under your control. But I can understand your boyfriend. He still deep down feels guilty because he thinks that he could not protect you so it is probably makes him angry. He is in denail now. He is not guilty of course he was not even there, it is just a bad memory he can not cope with it. It will fade away by time but you can talk to him and tell him how hard for you to keep remembering this. So let it stay in the past because you can not change what happened. Both of you should accept it and move on. And it is obivously not a cheating I do not even have to mention that.